It’s been a while now hasn’t it, but I know that lots of people really like these weekly round ups or recaps of all the mobile music making news, so I thought I’d bring them back starting today.
Normally they’ll be weekly, on a Sunday, but today I’ll go back a bit further too.
- A mastering app for Android? Could be, check this video from the maker of Caustic
- Audulus 3.1 arrives for Windows and Linux
- Sidecar Mini arrived for your iPhone (original post, app store link)
- Video of Sunvox running on a PocketC.H.I.P.
- DrumJam updated to version 1.4 and brought Link and more (original post, app store link)
- DRC Polyphonic Synth arrived (and is free) from the makers of the LK Ableton controller app (original post, app store link)
- After what turned out to be a short wait really, scriptSONIC arrived (original post, app store link)
- Reactable Mobile added Link to their excellent app (original post, app store link)
- Fugue Machine 1.2 arrived with lots of new goodies (original post, app store link)
- Skram arrived from Liine, a new iPad app for creating electronic music, and quite a different approach too (original post, app store link)
- And on the same day, Blocs Wave arrived from Novation’s new sub-brand, Blocs (original post, app store link)
- A video showing new modules coming to the excellent zMors Modular, looks impressive too
- Navichord lite arrived (original post, app store link)
- apeDelay 1.2 brings a huge update to this app including Link (original post, app store link)
- c3n loops arrived, a very different way of using loops and creating music (original post, app store link)
- A bunch of handy tutorial videos for Blocs Wave
- A new app from the maker of SeekBeats and TweakyBeat, DJDJ arrives (video, original post, app store link)
- Some thoughts from me about Blocs Wave and why apps like this are important
- FieldScaper 1.4 arrives (original post, app store link)
- A handy video on creating a Patterning kit
- TweakyBeat adds Link too (original post, app store link)
- RP-1 arrived, a new AU, IAA, and AB effect (original post, app store link)
- Casio’s CZ App gets updated to 1.1 with a few new features
- Here’s a nice little video of sinusoid from Mr HumbleTune showing how the app has evolved since launch
- SeekBeats updates with Link and more (original post, app store link)
- Here’s a useful video on how to use Sunvox as an FX unit in iOS
- If Pd and MobMuPlat in particular is your thing then you should check out this video and the downloadable patch too
- For the PatchBlocks users, here’s a first look at their newest block, the KeyBlock, looks good
- shapesynth 4.0 arrived and is a massive update, and is completely awesome too. If you don’t know this app it is well worth checking out (go to the original post, go straight to the app)
- If you missed the Apple event (and assuming you wanted to watch the whole thing) you can now, it’s here.
- ToyTone got a nice little update, and it now has IAA
- Blocs Wave got some fixes for this great casual music making loop app
- iDS-10 expanded the number of devices it can run on and brought external MIDI support too (original post, go straight to the app)
- In the same way, Gadget got external MIDI in the last update (original post, go straight to the app)
- And Gadget LE arrived too! Now you can try out Gadget for free (in a limited fashion of course), see the original post, or go straight to the app.
- A useful video about Ferrite Recording Studio and history edits
- Coming soon … Shoom for iPad is on the way, watch the video here
- The Amazing Audio Engine version 2 is coming. This is probably more interesting for developers, but if you’re interested then take a look
- Blamsoft made all of its audio unit effects and its Viking Synth universal
- I love this video by my friend Deerful, so please have a watch, it was made using NanoStudio and an OP-1
- Some thoughts on SoundCloud Go, their new subscription service
- Remixlive arrived, another ‘casual’ music making app using loops, and is not dissimilar to Novation’s LaunchPad
So that’s the round up for now. But I do have a couple of questions about these round ups which would be really helpful if you could answer.
- Would you find the weekly round ups more useful if you could have them in a downloadable format, like a PDF?
- If there was a weekly email with the round up of mobile news would you sign up to that?
Thanks for you help with that.