So I mentioned a couple of days ago about a bunch of the other apps from Coffeeshopped LLC which had been updated and that there was a new app, Patch Base, too. However, I omitted to actually tell you anything about the new app!
A bit of an oversight on my part really. Never mind. I’ll put that right now.
Here’s what you need to know about Patch Base.
Patch Base is a multi-synth patch editor, enabling easy visualization, editing, and organization of patches for your hardware synths.
- See what patches on your synth look like
- Edit the parameters of your synth in real time, while you play
- Save patches in Patch Base, and optionally back them up for free using iCloud
- Access your patch files on your computer via iCloud Drive
- Create random patches, and “init” patches as starting points for new sounds
- Play your synth for sound testing using the on-screen keyboard
Patch Base currently supports the following synthesizers, with more to come:
- Casio CZ-1, CZ-101, CZ-1000, CZ-3000, CZ-5000
- DSI Mopho and Mopho Keyboard
- Oberheim Matrix-1000, Matrix-6, Matrix-6r
- Yamaha DX7, DX7II, TX7, TX802, TX816
The app is free for download and to try out, ensuring that the app works with your hardware setup. For full access to all editor features, each editor is available as a separate In-App Purchase.
Patch Base on the app store: