Here’s a long interview from Cuckoo with Teenage Engineering. Some high points for me:
- They’re still going to do updates for the OP-1
- There’s a tiny mention that they’re thinking about an OP-2!
- The OP-Z’s visual element was an early design choice
- There’s some really interesting things that they’ve done with the sequencer using ‘components’ which will make it a very cool device
- Teenage Engineering are using the Unity Game Engine, but the graphics are being generated by the device that the OP-Z connects too, not the OP-Z itself, which makes me think that an iOS device could be connected!
- The device has only been in development for 4 months! That’s insane!
- The team developing it is 3-5 people
- There was a comment that they’ve come a long way in 4 months but they can do much more in a year. Does that mean it isn’t coming out for another year?
- Still no news on release, but 2017 was mentioned (so your wallet is safe for now)
- No price news either
Anyway, enjoy the video. I did.