Sometimes you find an app that just does it all and is amazing, but when it gets better and better and better you just have no choice but to jump up and down and scream about how good this app is.
modstep is just such and app! In version 1.0.2 here’s what they’ve done …
- audiobus support: added 8 audiobus output channels
- AudioShare export and recording of all tracks (hit the new tapedeck button to record all tracks with internal instruments or IAAs, the files can be found in the /Recordings/ folder and exported to AudioShare or the internal Sampler via the file browser). The recordings are quantized to the current clip quantization.
- improved Reverb
- massively lower CPU usage – especially older iPads will run a lot more tracks now.
- iPad 1 support is back (unfortunately it’s getting harder and harder to keep it that way!)
- new parameter on Sampler ‘One Shot’ that disables the ADSR completely
- Clips, Scenes and Arm, Mute, Solo, Volumes per Track are now MIDI mappable to external controllers.
- Tempo Up/Down and Nudge are now MIDI mappable.
- CPU meter is much more accurate now and only monitors the audio-thread.
- Tracks will now correctly remember their MIDI setup and restore it upon load.
- IAA Apps will now try to automatically setup the Tracks MIDI settings
- lots of small enhancements
- IAA Effects load the proper effect now
- IAA Effects will delete/restore fine again
- IAAs show the proper icons in the VST when used with studiomux
- fixed a bug that would prevent tempo changes when Ableton Link was not activated
- fixed a bug that would cause wrong IAA fx to be loaded
- tons of enhancements and other bugfixes
- fixed Clip & Track Import & Export
- new externally recorded notes and CCs will be played back immediately now
If you don’t know modstep then you need to as soon as possible, check it out on the app store now!