Whilst it isn’t entirely explicit, it does look like we might get an iPhone version of Gadget soon! Now that would be amazing. That would be a little dream come true.
Of course that isn’t all that Korg have in store, but I think it’ll be a favourite for me. I’m also extremely interested in their new wireless controllers, they’ll be fun to play with too.
NAMM is going to be interesting this year. Lots of new goodies I expect, and maybe Korg’s news will be just the tip of the iceberg?
It’s been a little bit of a wait, but here it is.
DrumPerfect Pro, the Human Feel Drummer for iOS!
Here is what Gilbert Medam, composer and arranger, creator of the packs and new UI design wrote:
“Following the steps of his predecessor DrumPerfect, DrumPerfect Pro is now one of the most versatile digital drummers ( on iPad ) I have ever used. My favorite, for sure. What set it apart is the fact that it doesn’t sound like a drum machine at all. You have to listen to it to believe. It just sound like a living drummer. An excellent drummer at home in any style, any genre. Groovy and solid.
Technically highly skilled, able to improvise variations with good taste and nuances.
What a groovy companion, for anything from practice to production to performances.
- Unique virtual drum engine for ultra-realistic performances:
- random sample selection,
- two-handed-playing emulation16 Linked sets ( fills & variations ) to be played at programmable intervals,
- multi-sampled instruments with up to 16 samples per instrument,
- humanise option adds randomisation of velocity and timing,
- programmable time shifts per drum stroke,
- programmable number of beats in a pattern (up to 32),
- programmable subdivision per beat (up to 16),
- smart swing function,
- JAM! function,
- BPM between 20 and 320,
- convolution-based reverb processor.
- Grid style editor for easy rhythm programming and editing.
- Kit editor for building your own multi-sampled drumkits.
- Song editor for easy song building.
- 32 Velocity-sensitive pads for live-recording.
- Rock-solid sync via Inter-App-Audio, Ableton Link or midi-in clock sync.
- Audio file and midi file export to other apps.
- Audio file and midi file import from other apps.
- Full Inter-App-Audio and Audiobus support with individual outputs per instrument
- Low-latency midi-in handling for notes, control changes and program changes.
- Extensive midi-in configuration options per port.
- Midi-learn for mapping of notes and remote commands.
- A dedicated store with great content.
DrumPerfect Pro now offers Styles Packs. Professional-grade musical content (drum kits, songs and patterns) covering a vast variety of drumming styles, downloadable as In-App Purchases.
Packs available now:
- Funky Breakbeat vol.1 ( Classics ),
- Funky Breakbeat vol.2 ( Modern ),
- Jazz Sessions vol.1 ( Sticks )
- Brazilian Rhythms vol.1
- Heavy Metal
- Batucada vol.1
DrumPerfect Pro costs $8.99 on the app store:
More options for using Ableton Link with your gear …
Link to MIDI = Ableton Link to MIDI Clock Sync.
Link to MIDI connects Ableton Link to musical devices that support MIDI Clock Sync. Simply join a Link session, connect your MIDI device, and that’s it. Your MIDI device is now Link-enabled.
Link to Midi features launch quantization, an incredibly stable clock output, and a fine offset control (±250 ms) to perfectly line up the receiving MIDI device’s playback.
Link to MIDI is only recommended for use with hardware MIDI devices. Connecting to apps is possible, but may lead to a poor user experience due to software challenges in synchronizing to MIDI Clock. Ableton Link fixes this.
Link to MIDI is free on the app store:
Group the Loop brings intelligent audio looping to the iPad. Record, loop, overdub, add effects and much more! The must have music creation tool for performers, song writers and beat boxers.
Create entire songs with complex verse, bridge and chorus structures then switch between them in real time.
Build intricate layers and construct brilliant textured soundscapes with limitless overdubbing and perfectly synchronised loops.
Jam along with ‘Drummer’, a realistic drum machine with a comprehensive collection of styles and beats to choose from.
- Record and loop your voice or instrument.
- Group together loops and create multiple sections (e.g. Verse, Bridge, Chorus).
- Record and switch between groups in real time.
- ‘Master group’ for loops that play throughout your song. Great for drums and percussion.
- Realtime effects including reverb, delay and audio filters.
- Add effects to any loop or the audio input.
- COUNT IN – Keep your hands free and let Group the Loop count you in to record.
- Drummer – Jam along to a comprehensive collection of grooves and beats.
- Audiobus compatible – Stream to and from other audio apps via Audiobus.
- AudioShare compatible – Import and export loops via AudioShare. (IOS 8.1 or higher only)
- Limitless overdubbing.
- Undo / redo overdub layers.
- Fully customisable metronome.
- Adjust volume and pan for each loop or group.
- Label loops.
- Record in multiples of your first loop or the session clock.
- Headphone monitoring. Monitor your instrument through your headphones.
- CUE – Automatically start and stop recording loops.
- No CUE – Instant and continuous recording whilst still keeping your loops in perfect sync.
- Record your song/performance in real time then share it with the world.
- Move loops between groups.
- Merge two loops and free up space.
- Sample accurate recording to keep your loops in perfect sync.
- High resolution waveform display for every loop.
- Plug in an audio interface and connect directly to a PA or amplifier.
- Plug in a MIDI foot pedal and control Group the Loop with your feet.
Group the loop on the app store:
MobMuPlat keeps getting better, and overall support for Pd is growing all time. Here’s what’s new in version 1.7:
- Open Pure Data files (.pd) with “native” Pd GUI rendering.
- New “Ping & Connect” networking protocol support.
- Improved layout on newer devices.
MobMuPlat on the app store:
The new version of trigger seq has some nice new things …
- Support for Ableton Link. Ableton Link is a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
- Includes a little intenal synth to preview patterns.
- Midi channel setting in setup page.
- Back to default pattern settings button in setup page.
- Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
According to the developer version 1.4 is a jam packed update. Here’s what’s new:
- USB Connection (Mac only) – Now it’s even easier to connect Sonic Logic to your DAW, just run Sonic Logic Central on your Mac and connect your USB cable.
- Improved MIDI Core with tons for performance upgrades
- Revamped main screen, now easier to navigate and far more responsive.
- Improved text entries, edit your components easily.
- UI upgrades and modern OS compatibility.
- Bugs squashed.
Download Sonic Logic Central at www.soniclogicapps.com
“I hadn’t used this cool feature of Borderlands Granular before, so I thought I’d share a little demo. All the grain cloud parameters can be automated using the motion recorder.
I’m just doing traditional synth filter sweeps here, but you can do some pretty wild stuff by motion recording other parameters.
All sounds from custom Animoog guitar timbres – please see my other videos for more details on that malarkey.
Reverb added in ToneStack using ZoneVerb plate setting with Borderlands Granular running as an IAA instrument.
Recorded with QuickTime, no additional processing.”
Video published by: Crème Douche.
Borderlands Granular on the app store: