Another new synth for your iPad (your iOS 9.1 as a minimum iPad) actually. Here’s all the details …
The CHAiOS SYNTH 2 is a further development of the free and easy-to-use CHAiOS SYNTH, which was formerly developed at the University of Applied Sciences Duesseldorf. The new version is beefed up by a number of new features and improvements. Now the CHAiOS SYNTH 2 has become a full professional synthesizer while staying as intuitive and uncomplicated as its predecessor.
With support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus the CHAiOS SYNTH 2 can be used together with other audio apps on iPad.
- 16 Step melody generator with unique random algorithm
- Wavetable oscillator with three different waveforms
- VA lowpass filter with variable resonance and cutoff frequency
- Delay- and reverb-effects
- ADSR envelopes for controlling amp and filter frequency
- Support for Audiobus and Inter-App Audio
- Improvements to CHAiOS Synth 1
- New bandlimited wavetable oscillator
- New „virtual analog“ 4-pole lowpass filter
- Additional ADSR-envelope for the filter frequency
- 3 modes for filter resonance
- 16 step /3 track drum-sequencer
- More parameters for reverb and delay
- Adjustable oscillator volume
- Improved, streamlined design
By placing your finger on the X/Y-pad a looped melody is generated by a random algorithm, the finger position determines how many notes are used.
If a melody sounds good to you, it can be looped and the sound can be tweaked by a number of parameters and effects.
The options to modify the sound are carefully selected to work well together and provide a creative and fun workflow.
The old, free version of CHAiOS SYNTH is still available at the App Store FOR FREE, but will not be developed or maintained any further. Check it out to get the idea of the CHAiOS Engine!
Follow CHAiOS SYNTH on twitter:
Or listen to audio examples and demo tracks on soundcloud: