MidiMetro arrives. Built on the midibus library. Here are all the details:
Simply the most accurate, MIDI clock driven metronome available on iOS.
- sample accurate metronome (to 0.0226 millisecond resolution)
- use standalone or synced to external MIDI clock source
- can be synced internally or via MIDI clock from third party hardware or application
- backgroundable, virtual MIDI support
- nudge control that lets you nudge the metronome audio forward (or back if driven by MidiBus)
- Inter-app Audio instrument; insert into IAA host apps like musicIO, Cubasis or Auria
- responds to MIDI clock, Song Position Pointer (SPP) and time signature
- sends MIDI notes out so can trigger metronome sounds on third party hardware or apps.
MidiMetro was designed as a companion app to the MidiBus app (keep a lookout for forthcoming bundle) in order to add reliable audible timing to the most stable MIDI clock on iOS. Syncing to the MidiBus app adds the following advantages:
- MidiBus location and time signature are mirrored in MidiMetro
- nudge the metronome sound backwards as well as forwards
Our aim was to craft a metronome built around accuracy and external MIDI control. With this paradigm we have been able to devise a mathematical method for ensuring the metronome audio is bang on time with the MIDI clock signal along with a mechanism for dealing with transient jitter. Even when running internally, MidiMetro is generating and slaving to its own MIDI clock; a ‘pure’ architectural model.
MidiMetro is built using the MidiBus iOS/OS-X developer MIDI library. See http://midib.us
MidiMetro costs $2.99 on the app store: