It is no secret that I am a big fan of the work that Intermorphic do and have done over the years. In fact I think I’ve known of their work for nearly 10 years and I’ve known Tim from Intermorphic for the last few years, and we were talking about the latest release of Noatikl the last time we got together for a few drinks and dinner.
So it’s great to see the latest version of Noatikl come to iOS (and OSX too).
Love creating generative music or discovering new ideas? Get Noatikl, an immensely deep & powerful app for generative MIDI music composition AND sound design. Users say of Noatikl: “the only serious generative music composition tool on IOS”, “Very deep, very unique and intelligent. Good MIDI implementation.”, “by far the most unique and complex modular music maker in the AppStore. You’ll get addicted!”, “5 stars is not enough.”
WHAT OTHERS SAY
Computer Music Magazine described Noatikl, our evolution of SSEYO Koan Pro, as “One of the best interactive composition tools on the market” and said “Noatikl picks up where Captain Eno’s beloved Koan left off”.
WHAT IS NOATIKL?
It’s a 16 track MIDI generating powerhouse with 120+ parameters & many included generative music templates. Sound generation is via the integral Partikl Sound Engine, a powerful stereo sound source comprising a modular synth with Soundfont (SF2)/DLS support + live FX, but Noatikl also supports MIDI out if instead you want to drive external MIDI synths/samplers etc.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT…
- Use it to help break composer’s block with new melodies & ideas
- Experiment with generative (MIDI) music composition and sound design
- Create high quality, royalty-free, totally custom generative music / soundscapes: ambient, drone, relaxation, experimental etc.
- Play / control external MIDI synths, samplers and other MIDI controllable units
- Use your own SF2 in the Partikl Sound Engine
- Create / share / edit Noatikl pieces for use in Mixtikl (not included)
TOP NEW FEATURES IN V3
- Many gorgeous new templates that take advantage of the uprated Partikl Sound Engine 3 (PSE 3) [Note: For older Tiklpaks see: Menu > Settings > Show NT2 Tiklpaks]
- Major PSE 3 enhancements:
- Now supports stereo and more advanced synth & fx networks, allowing richer & more interesting sonic capabilities and complete sound “presets”
- Network Editor and all 17 PSE Sound & FX unit UIs have been significantly reworked for much easier use, control and accessibility
- Greatly improved Wavetable Sound Unit now supports stereo SF2 (SoundFont) samples (up to 24bit), allows modulation of pitch, pan, amp and portamentp parameters + has integrated envelope editor (linear/log) – all useful for sound shaping e.g. nice smooth ambient sounds
- Improved the PSE-included IM SF2 wavetables with extended “IM Synths” and all new “IM NT3-MT7”
- Amp and Pan controls added to several PSE Sound Units allowing more compact synth networks
- Support for AudioBus 2 and Audiobus Remote Trigger and transport control
KEY NOATIKL PARAMETERS
- Voice types: Ambient, Rhythmic, Repeat, Follows, Fixed Pattern – used to generate MIDI notes
- Rules: Scale, Harmony, Rhythm, Next Note – used to constrain and filter the notes composed
- Chords: Many parameters for controlling chording and arpeggiation
- Controllers & Micro controllers: Many parameters for controlling MIDI
- Note to MIDI CC Mapping: Used to emit MIDI controller data instead of MIDI events, useful for controlling synths and other parameters
- Many more … see the extensive Noatikl Music Engine Guide for detailed information on all parameters
WHY GENERATIVE MUSIC?
Generative music is “endless music created by a system”. People want to explore it for a whole host of reasons – from wanting to create new ideas to break creative block to a curiosity to try something different.
MORE INFO & LINKS
- Info: http://intermorphic.com/noatikl
- FAQ: http://intermorphic.com/noatikl/faq
- Recordings: http://intermorphic.com/noatikl/#examples
- Guide: http://intermorphic.com/noatikl/guide
- Forum: http://forum.intermorphic.com
- Support & Contact: http://intermorphic.com/help/index.php
- License Agreement: http://intermorphic.com/eula
• Noatikl 3 Desktop Standalone not included but available to purchase separately.
Noatikl 3 for iOS costs $9.99 on the app store, click below: