Another awesome app arrives from Wooji, what else would you expect right?
Here are all the details …
Ferrite combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio — and powerful additional tools like effects & automation available when you need them.
With time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, this is the app you need for podcasting, radio journalism, or other professional voice production like lectures, speeches, and voiceovers.
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won’t break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade, and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
Editing is a Snip
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, up to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: moving, cropping, slicing, fading in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. Arrange your clips on tracks, with full control over each track’s volume and panning, and Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
Advanced Editing Features
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
- Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voice-overs)
- Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock these additional tools:
- Add professional effects to your tracks such as Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging
- Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix
- Adjust automated settings during playback to record your changes into the timeline
- If you need the most precise control, you can create or fine-tune automation curves directly
Bonus Features in iOS 9
- Find your recordings and projects direct from your Home Screen, with Spotlight support
- iPad Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
Bonus features available on compatible devices only. Please see our support pages for more details. Maximum number of tracks available depends on the speed of your device.
The basic app itself is free. So, dive in, why not?