So you already know that Arpeggio is on Kickstarter now and is doing really well. If you haven’t taken a look at this already then it’s really worth checking out. Also, if you’re thinking that this isn’t really for an iOS mobile musician, think again …
Arpeggio is doing some interesting things in terms of integrating the Arpeggio hardware with a companion app. Here’s what they plan that you’ll be able to do with the app:
- Connect to Arpeggio via bluetooth or usb
- Create backups of Arpeggio data including sequences/songs/sets, advanced sequencer settings, MIDI and I/O settings, synth patches and parameter values.
- Edit the sequences stored on Arpeggio
- Edit synth parameters of the patches stored on Arpeggio, create new synth patches and upload individual synth patches to Arpeggio.
- Export sequences, songs, and sets as standard MIDI files or other format useful for DAWs
- Share sequences, songs, sets, and synth patches over bluetooth from one Arpeggio to another.
- Adjust the advanced sequencer settings, MIDI and I/O settings on Arpeggio
- Update firmware, on Arpeggio, restore to factory defaults.
- Cross platform application iOS / Android / OSX / Windows
That in itself is a pretty impressive list of features.
So, please do check it out, take a look at all they’ve got to say about the device and how they’ve got to where they are.