So Arpeggio is on Kickstarter right on schedule and in its first day is doing really well, with nearly a quarter of its funding goal already hit! And that’s in just a few hours. I feel sure that this one is going to go places.
One thing that I’m really impressed with is what they’re trying to do in terms of integrating the hardware with a companion app. That’s clever, a really smart, and, these days, a really important step. Here’s what they plan that you’ll be able to do with the app:
- Connect to Arpeggio via bluetooth or usb
- Create backups of Arpeggio data including sequences/songs/sets, advanced sequencer settings, MIDI and I/O settings, synth patches and parameter values.
- Edit the sequences stored on Arpeggio
- Edit synth parameters of the patches stored on Arpeggio, create new synth patches and upload individual synth patches to Arpeggio.
- Export sequences, songs, and sets as standard MIDI files or other format useful for DAWs
- Share sequences, songs, sets, and synth patches over bluetooth from one Arpeggio to another.
- Adjust the advanced sequencer settings, MIDI and I/O settings on Arpeggio
- Update firmware, on Arpeggio, restore to factory defaults.
- Cross platform application iOS / Android / OSX / Windows
That in itself is a pretty impressive list of features.
And if that wasn’t enough, guess who’s in the media list …
So, please do check it out, take a look at all they’ve got to say about the device and how they’ve got to where they are.