The other day I mentioned the news that Apple are having their autumn event on the 9th of September. Just over a week away from now. So what are we expecting? What good stuff is going to come out? Will it be earth shattering or simply more of the same?
There have been lots of rumours about what the event will bring. Namely …
- A new Apple TV
- An app store for Apple TV
- Siri for Apple TV
- iPhone 6S and 6S+
- Force touch on the new iPhones
Did I miss anything? For me, the only really interesting thing for me would be force touch on the new iPhone. I think that could be really interesting for music making. I think it could bring a lot of possibilities for apps and expressivity.
As for iOS9, that brings us the possibility of audio units for our mobile DAW hosts. I’m not convinced as yet that this is a good thing. My concern is that we’ll just be flooded with loads of little effects apps that won’t make a big difference. Time will tell.
Finally, and not related to mobile music I’d be interested to see where the Apple TV goes, if indeed that is something that does come about. I never found the existing Apple TV too much use, so it would be good to see a bit of hardware that was a bit more worthwhile.
“I have seen people using many different configurations to connect with their Werkstatt using the CV expander board. Here is an example(several combined) using the Beatstep Pro that I posted on Facebook in the Moog Werkstatt group. I thought maybe this would help by uploading it to YouTube as well. Description of hook-up below.”
“This tutorial shows Windows users how to MIDI hack their Arduino Uno.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR GENUINE ARDUINO UNO R3s AND CLONES USING 16U2 USB PROCESSOR (this is the processor next to the USB socket, not the main processor).”
Here’s what’s new in GliderVerb 1.5:
- New: Stereo Sampler with scrubbing, loop-points fade, fine zoom selection etc…
- New: UI Skins
- iOS 8.4 SDK
- Audiobus 2.2
- Bugs Fixed
“The tutorial shows you how to assemble your miniAtmegatron and upload the source code to the Arduino Uno (if needed).
It doesn’t attempt to teach soldering or good soldering practices. There’s plenty of videos on the Internet about that already!
I’ve aimed the video at all levels, so apologies to anyone who finds some of this a bit obvious!
If you need help, please use the forum: http://forums.soulsbysynths.com/
The miniAtmegatron is available from the Soulsby Synths shop: http://soulsbysynths.bigcartel.com/“
Here’s what’s new Elastic Drums:
- Midi settings get saved in app defaults now
- New sound presets for bass and drone synth
- Debugged: ED was not sending sync out via Virtual Midi Port
- Debugged: Outgoing midi notes have right note and velocity values now
- Debugged: When pushing 2 buttons in Jam screen and release them, the second release information could get lost
- Debugged: play button in Audiobus Connection Panel works now
- Fixed: Pinch Gesture in master effects param could cause a crash