Another interesting effect arrives from VirSyn. Tap Delay seems to have quite a lot of promise. Here are the app’s details …
Back in the “old days”, producers and engineers created delay and echo effects using tape machines. Tap Delay combines the warm sound of vintage tape echo machines with a modern, step sequencer-like tapped delay engine which continues the tradition of the tape echo machines into the 21st century.
#### Intro offer 50% off #####
The Tape simulation includes all relevant aspects for the recreation of a faithful analog tape sound:
- Compression and Saturation
- Tape hiss
- Tape head bias
- Wow and Flutter (Tape speed instability)
- Smooth speed / delay time changes
Three feedback filters with hipass/lowpass and bandpass characteristic simplify the creation of authentic dub echo effects.
The built-in Limiter allows for endless feedback sounds.
Use live input from any source – Microphone, Guitar, Audiobus and Inter App Audio – or take a song from your iTunes library for processing.
- Multi-tap delay machine
- 24 taps for rhythmic delay effects
- Tape simulation ( Saturation, Noise, Flutter )
- Alias free tape saturation through oversampling.
- MIDI controllable including Tempo sync
- Delay loop equalizer for dub effect.
- Glitch free simulation of variable tape speeds.
- Spatial echo rotation effect.
- Audiobus 2 compatible with state saving
- IAA compatible ( Auria, Cubasis, Garageband ).
- Integrated iTunes player.