Frobulator is an experimental stereo modulated filter and delay effect. A combination of time and frequency domain processing gives it a different sound to a normal echo box. The special “FAIL” mode adds chaotic variations driven by an iterative map — perfect for those times when your music is just too harmonious and listenable.
Apply Frobulator to live audio input, or connect with other music apps like GarageBand via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus. Frobulator supports Audiobus state saving and has IAA host transport controls.
NB: to avoid some nasty feedback, Frobulator is muted by default if you’re using the built-in microphone and speakers on your iOS device. If you aren’t getting any sound out, try pressing the mute button.
Frobulator is free on the app store:
I really thought that this would get snapped up as a little piece of history, but it seems not. I wonder why?
Here’s what both apps get on their latest updates …
- Added “mute all” and “unmute all” actions
- Improved “Solo” behaviour (unmute all when triggered on already-soloed track)
- Use alphabetical sorting in sessions view, with proper date sorting for un-named sessions
- New 64-bit build
- Assorted bug fixes
Loopy on the app store:
Loopy HD on the app store:
Here’s what’s new in FL Studio Mobile HD
- Inter-App Audio audio recording, instruments and effects
- iCloud Drive
- Native support for 64-bit devices
- Polyphony increased to 128
- Akai SynthStation is no longer supported
- Minimum iOS requirement is now iOS 7.0
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
FL Studio Mobile HD on the app store:
FL Studio Mobile on the app store:
“Four independent LFOs with configurable shape, rate, clock sync, offset, lag, inter-LFO modulation and more!
Quick to configure, easy to use. Simple but powerful. Looking for a MIDI controller LFO app for your iPad? You’ve found it.”