midiLFOs is a MIDI controller app that sends modulation control data to other music apps and external synthesizers. It consists of four independent LFOs that are used to send 7 bit MIDI CC messages in repeating Low Frequency Oscillating patterns. The LFOs can be the various standard shapes (sine, saw, triangle, square, sample and hold) but can also modulate each others amplitude and rate to create even more interesting shapes.
midiLFOs does not make music or sound by itself, it controls other MIDI capable synth apps and devices in your studio. You can use it to modulate the filter cutoff frequency of your favorite synth app, the pan position of the hi hats in a drum machine app, the feedback amount of a delay effect, or the pitch of an external hardware synthesizer. Or you can do all four at the same time.
- Four independent LFOs that send 7-bit MIDI CCs
- Easily configure CoreMIDI port, channel, CC# per LFO
- Easily adjust shape, rate, offset, lag per LFO
- Modulate the rate and amount of an LFO using other LFOs
- Sync LFOs to MIDI clock
- Map trigger, LFO rate, and modulation amount values to incoming MIDI
Designed to be easy to configure and use, midiLFOs gives you a quick to configure and easy to use MIDI LFO controller toy with some nice extra features that also make it a useful pro music studio tool.
midiLFOs costs $4.99 on the app store:
So in the latest version of audiobus there’s a cryptic message saying “additional bug fixes for the new super secret upcoming app made by the Audiobus team”
So, what’s the new app, and when will we know?
An Application of TubeSynth App Group.
You can play Tubes you created in TubeSynth using MIDI keyboard and Piano Roll.
- support recording with MIDI keyboard.
- multi-track support (up to 4 tracks).
- Inter-App Audio support.
You can use this app without TubeSynth, but it only comes with simple Tube generator. For editing Tubes, you need TubeSynth.
Some waveform with rapid changes in sound pressure could be damaging to your ears at high amplitudes or for long periods. Please avoid using earphones or headphones when editing waveforms.
TubeMIDI costs $3.49 on the app store:
In this video I look at the beat repeat. How to use it, record it and a couple of tips along the way such as:
- • Reversing a track
- • Using the beat repeat with the filter
- • Making drops with the session controls
Zillidrone Free turns up so you can check out the app and see if it’s for you or not. I do like these kinds of trial version apps. They’re useful for trying out stuff.
Here’s the details for Zillidrone Free:
Get the full version to unlock features:
- save projects
- loops and tracks recording
- MIDI in/out
- Audiobus and Inter-App audio
Zillidrone is a sample-based groovebox for creating, performing and interacting with 32-step sequences for snares, kicks, hi-hats, sampler and two multioscillator synthesizers. With Zillidrone you can easily create, modify, save sequences and arrange them on the fly during a live performance. Use drum pads for making extra drum shots over the saved drum patterns. Shuffle samples, randomize patterns, use synth preset sequencers, apply DSP effects with automations to produce a wide range of sound transformations for your composition. Upload your own samples and use the magic of randomization without any editing to discover more ideas for your music. Record loops or full tracks in real-time, export recordings to other applications or share them via dropbox or email.
- Drum machine and drum pads for real-time groove production with 4 types of touches. Tap or swipe drum pads within different areas to produce different shots.
- Change samples manually or shuffle samples randomly during performance.
- Two oscillator synth with 5 presets, preset sequencers and automations for each controller.
- Sampler with piano keyboard (6 octaves).
- 5 real-time DSP effects: distortion, free verb, pitch shifter, wah-wah, ring modulator , one non-realtime “looper” effect and global delay effect.
- Mixer for panning and sending to global delay effect for each instrument and DSP effect.
- Arrangement editor for storing 16 different scenes. Each scene saves all states of controls, sequences, automations. You can change scenes manualy, randomly or create a song arrangement.
- Included library of 397 samples (99 per each drum instrument and 100 for sampler).
- In-app sample packs creation tool. Record audio input to create your own sample packs.
- Upload sample packs (wav, aif, aiff formats) via iTunes and assign them to each instrument separately.
- Demo projects, help and video tutorial are included.
Saffron Saturator is a filter drive, distortion and saturation effect.
Built upon the tenet of simplicity, the flora project presents great sounding, lightweight audio effects using Inter-App Audio and Audiobus technologies to allow you to get the sound you want, without sacrificing processing power.
More information about the flora project can be found at http://timothy-j.com/flora
NB: Saffron Saturator requires either Audiobus or Inter-App Audio capable applications in order to operate. See http://audiob.us for more information.
Saffron Saturator for iOS costs $0.99 on the App Store: