What a great idea for an app, I’m surprised it hasn’t been done sooner!
Sysex Base is a MIDI sysex file manager for iPhone and iPad. Back up your synth sounds, organize libraries, and load them back onto your synths! Designed to be quick and easy to use.
Some of the features:
- Record and send sysex data via a connected MIDI interface, or wireless MIDI
- Organize your sysex files into folders, rename them, delete them, etc.
- Open sysex files from other apps such as Mail, Dropbox, Google Drive
- Export sysex files to other apps just as easily
- Quickly view the data inside of a sysex file, including the individual bytes, the Manufacturer indicated, the file size, and the number of sysex messages in the file
Also, Sysex Base allows you to record incoming sysex data and transmit sysex to your synth at the same time! So you can even do backups of older synths (such as the Casio CZ series) that require a message to be sent to them to trigger a data dump. These trigger files can be saved within Sysex Base like any other file.
Sysex Base costs $9.99 on the app store:
Here’s what’s new in SECTOR 1.1:
- MIDI Control to trigger sectors or switch between memory slots
- MIDI Clock Slave mode
- Listen to MIDI Machine Control start/stop messages
- New special silent WRP shape to mute sectors or add rests
- Design tweaks for WRP page
- IAA app switcher on iOS8
- New Sync Settings menu page with Follow IAA Host settings
- Allow turning off IAA clock sync for broken hosts
- Include WRP reverse toggle in randomization
- Bugfixes and tweaks
I’m looking forward to trying this out and seeing what it means by ‘connected’, as it doesn’t seem to say very much about that in the description …
Icaro is the best way to get started with sample-based music on iPhone and iPad. Choose from the fun and simple packs, and perform live using the colored pads.
Sample packs are updated weekly, and include a mix of percussive and melodic sounds to encourage randomness and ‘happy accidents’ while you play.
- An eclectic and inspiring mix of sounds
- New packs released every week
- Simple effects built for live performance
- Customize the UI color to suit your taste
The app is free
Stria on the app store:
It’s also available as a bundle with the other apeSoft apps:
In case you missed this, this rare 4 track walkman is still on eBay and at not too bad a price either. Take a look, click below.
Akai Professional 4 Track Trackman Recorder
Dahlia Delay is a tape style delay effect with filtered feedback and warble amount controls.
Built upon the tenet of simplicity, the flora project presents great sounding, lightweight audio effects using Inter-App Audio and Audiobus technologies to allow you to get the sound you want, without sacrificing processing power.
Dahlia Delay costs $0.99 on the app store
Here’s what’s new in Motion Synth:
New ‘Glissando Notes’ module – This module allows you to trigger notes through changes in Up-Down Orientation. For more info visit:
This update also includes improvements in the app’s core motion and orientation engine. In particular, if you are changing orientation quickly and move through and beyond the limits of a zone of orientation control, you will now see more consistent results.
When upgrading to a new version of the Motion Synth app, if you have created Presets that you value, it is good practice to export or backup such Presets prior to upgrading. Instructions for Preset export/backup are provided here:
While your saved presets should carry over to the new version smoothly, it is worth exporting or backing-up user-created Presets as a precaution.
Motion Synth is free on the app store: