- mixer console
- editor for the midi sequencer
No idea quite what it is as yet, but it is on the way …
Here’s what’s new in Songtree 1.1:
- Added AudioPaste and General Pasteboard to paste audio from other apps
- Added support to import audio with ‘Open in’ iOS functionality
- Simplified login
- Solved a problem with Audiobus when switching between apps
Another interesting effect arrives from VirSyn. Tap Delay seems to have quite a lot of promise. Here are the app’s details …
Back in the “old days”, producers and engineers created delay and echo effects using tape machines. Tap Delay combines the warm sound of vintage tape echo machines with a modern, step sequencer-like tapped delay engine which continues the tradition of the tape echo machines into the 21st century.
#### Intro offer 50% off #####
The Tape simulation includes all relevant aspects for the recreation of a faithful analog tape sound:
- Compression and Saturation
- Tape hiss
- Tape head bias
- Wow and Flutter (Tape speed instability)
- Smooth speed / delay time changes
Three feedback filters with hipass/lowpass and bandpass characteristic simplify the creation of authentic dub echo effects.
The built-in Limiter allows for endless feedback sounds.
Use live input from any source – Microphone, Guitar, Audiobus and Inter App Audio – or take a song from your iTunes library for processing.
- Multi-tap delay machine
- 24 taps for rhythmic delay effects
- Tape simulation ( Saturation, Noise, Flutter )
- Alias free tape saturation through oversampling.
- MIDI controllable including Tempo sync
- Delay loop equalizer for dub effect.
- Glitch free simulation of variable tape speeds.
- Spatial echo rotation effect.
- Audiobus 2 compatible with state saving
- IAA compatible ( Auria, Cubasis, Garageband ).
- Integrated iTunes player.
I posted about Monovista going free the other day, but wanted to give you a little reminder as it really is a huge amount of fun and well worth getting if you don’t have it already. It used to cost $1.99 but now it’s free.
So grab this app if you don’t already have it as it’s a really good mobile music making experience and I’ve had a load of fun using it.
This is what the developer says …
Here’s what’s come along in the latest version of DrumJam:
- Added option to ignore IAA sync
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6+
- Improved round-robin velocity behavior
- Added option to set position of Audiobus control panel
- Added Quantize Tap option, which quantizes all pad instrument taps to next selected rhythmic boundary.
- Quantized tap can also be applied to incoming midi notes (optionally ignored in prefs), and stop hits.
- Added Choke Decay control, which affects % of sample duration
- Fixed Audiobus “port unavailable” connection issue, and updated to latest SDK
- Fixed possible crash when starting up with midi device attached
- Fixed missing note off messages when sending MIDI using pads
There are also several new in-app purchase packs available now, be sure to check them out in the Drum Store under the settings section of the app:
BRAZIL AND WOOD PACK
Pandeiro, modified Berimbau, Earth Udu, and Repinique Loops. Granite
block pad instrument.
ASIAN METAL AND BAMBOO PACK
Thai Rumwong, Vietnamese Hmong brass harp, Thai gong, and Chinese gong
loops. Anklung pad instrument.
Brekete, Kaganu, Kpanlogo, and Talking Drum Loops, along with Talking
Drum pad instrument
MIXED WORLD PACK
Pineapple lid req, Bulgarian Tupan loops. Paulo Mattioli Djembe, Remo
cluster, Garrapatta bells pad instruments.
Timbales Loops. Timbales, Conga, Tumba, Quinto, and Congas Set pad instruments
MULTI BONGO SET
Indian Bongos, Piccolo Bongos Loops. Indian Bongos, Piccolo Bongos,
Remo Crown Bongos pad instruments.