This really is a great idea and it deserves better support. Let’s get it over the line!
Here’s what’s new in Diode-108 Drum Machine Free:
- Microphone sampling (sample your voice or anything else, then re-pitch the sample and perform FX on it).
- In/Out song markers let you work on any section of your song.
- Full Choke Grid implementation. Not just choke groups. Any instrument can choke any other! Great for setting up complex hi-hat parts.
TouchViZ is on sale a bit and down from $9.99 to $8.99.
Also TouchOSC is on sale and down from $4.99 to $3.99.
Buddha Machine for iPad is free
Buddha Machine for iPhone is free
Here’s what’s coming in SunVox 1.9 BETA1
- additional UI language – Russian; you can change it in Preferences -> Interface;
- PalmOS and Meego are no longer supported, but you can always download SunVox 1.8.1 for these systems from warmplace.ru;
- Android: SunVox file type association (like in iOS version): now any SunVox-compatible documents (sunvox, sunsynth, midi, xm, mod, xi, etc.) can be opened from other apps (Mail, Browser, etc.);
- Android and iOS: engine is now optimized for OpenGL ES 2.0;
- new module – Feedback (see the examples);
- new module – Filter Pro (High quality IIR filter);
- number of MIDI slots (in Preferences) has been increased to 4; so you can use four MIDI controllers simultaneously;
- now any external MIDI knob can be connected to any number of SunVox controllers of any modules;
- now any SunVox shortcut can be connected to external MIDI button (Note, CC or Program Change);
- click twice (or right click) on the controller to open the new Controller Properties window;
- you can do the following operations in the new Controller Properties window: change, reset, randomize, write to pattern, assign MIDI IN;
- MultiSynth: new controller “Phase” – the starting position of the sample or the starting phase of some Generator;
- MultiCtl: new controller “Quantization” – the number of quantization levels;
- Sampler: new controller “Rec threshold” – the level at which the Sampler should start recording;
- Sampler: ability to import the loop points from WAV;
- Generator: “P.Modulation” controller has been renamed to “Freq.Modulation input”;
- Filter: new controller “LFO waveform”;
- Amplifier: new controller “Fine volume”;
- new functions in the Pattern Editor menu: selection begin, selection end;
- slightly redesigned Pattern Editor;
- Song has been renamed to Project;
- new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + F12 – go to beginning;
- new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + ) – octave up;
- new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + ( – octave down;
- new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + ( – selection begin (pattern editor);
- new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + ) – selection end (pattern editor);
- new instruments from NightRadio and Pavel Ti;
- new simple song examples: feedback, feedback2, modulator (phase modulation);
- new song examples: 4004, music_in_our_souls, awakening_city, SunVox Compo 2015.02 Winners (Sirmooge – Phalanx, Pavel Ti – Boomer, KnyazIvan – Cold Summer);
- bugs fixed.
Of course it’s a shame to have PalmOS taken out, but it’s not a big surprise really is it. Never mind. This stuff is all good and of course coming to iOS and Android in due course.