All sounds in the music for this video are just guitar processed with Johnny, the only synths used were for bass and drums. The mix was done with a self imposed “no post processing” rule including no eq or compressors, in order to show how Johnny can be used in a musical context, with as raw of a tone as possible.
I’ve made the Auria project for this track available for download for anyone who wants to poke around with the mix and listen to the individual tracks to hear what Johnny is capable of.”
“Short audio demo of Johnny, a multiwave tremolo effect for iOS, processing guitar.”
Johnny is a highly versatile stereo multiwave tremolo effect designed for Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, perfect for adding everything from classic guitar amp style tremolo to pulsating, rhythmic multiwave modulation effects for guitar, synths, voice and more. Harmonic Tremolo modes create vintage phaser and univibe like tones, you can also modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, Johnny can process external hardware by connecting a professional USB audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or Apogee ONE, and many more compatible USB interfaces. You can also use the built in headset microphone. Guitarists can use the effects live by connecting the output of their audio interface to an amp.
Johnny supports USB MIDI interfaces via the Camera Connection kit, Bluetooth MIDI (iOS 8), Virtual MIDI and WiFi connections. The MIDI Learn function lets you easily assign your MIDI controller’s knobs and sliders to control Johnny’s effect parameters.
For more info and video demos visit: http://johnnyfxapp.com
Check out our entire FX series including Caramel, Crystalline, Echo Pad, Stereo Designer and Swoopster!
- requires iOS 7.1 or later
- iPad 2, iPad Mini 1st gen or newer
- Audiobus compatible (Effect, state saving)
- Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
- Compatible with DAW apps such as Auria, Cubasis, Garageband and Multitrack DAW
- compatible with USB audio interfaces
- Core MIDI (USB, Virtual, Wifi)
- MIDI over Bluetooth (iOS 8, receiver)
- Control Left and Right channel Tremolo Rate, Depth, Shape, and Multiwave parameters to produce everything form subtle tremolo to wildly modulated stereo tremolo effects.
- Multiple modes including Classic Tremolo and Harmonic Tremolo.
- Modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
- BPM synced tremolo including MIDI clock sync, independent per channel or linked.
- Audiobus compatible with state saving
- Inter-app Audio compatible
- Core MIDI compatible, works with any MIDI controller via MIDI Learn
Johnny works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
- Apogee Jam and Jam96k
- Apogee Mic and Mic96k
- Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
- Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
- Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
- iRig HD
- iRig iMic
- Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
- Focusrite iTrack dock
- Alesis io2
- Alesis IO Dock
- Behringer UCA202
- many more
Johnny costs $4.99 on the app store
So only another 5 days left for Artiphon’s Instrument 1 on Kickstarter. They’ve done incredibly well, but I bet they’ll do even more in the next few days. Let’s see how high it goes.
With all the news about TC-11 I almost forgot to post anything about TC-Data 1.2, which also had an update. So, here’s what’s new in TC-Data 1.2:
- Whole Tone and Step N scales
- Ramp function in Table and Sequencer allows fast scale setting
- Patch loading launch sequence bugs fixed. If you have had issues with missing patches, back up your own presets, and re-install TC-Data
- Incorrect output selection fixed
- Crash on MIDI note 0 send fixed
- Missing New Output (+) popover fixed
- Added hold (long press) trigger type for MIDI controllers
- Revised binding actions UI: actions can now be edited, specific trigger states can be selected, and actions now have descriptions
- Replaced MIDI clock implementation with The Spectacular Sync Engine prerelease
- Added “Prime recording” action
- Added “Tempo nudge up” and “Tempo nudge down” actions
- Added “Mute” action
- Added “Toggle mute/mute after record” action
- Added “Decay” adjust action
- Performance improvements for iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6
- Fixed problems with timed mute/unmute lag
- Persist time signature across session reset
- Fixed responsiveness issue with track menu
- Added Inter-App Audio Sync switch
- Improved session pause/unpause microfade
- Addressed some re-record audio truncation issues
- Fixed playback issue on initial manual punch-out
- Assorted bug fixes
- Added German translation