I had no doubt that Artiphon’s INSTRUMENT 1 would easily clear the $1 million mark, and they have. They’ve still got 2 weeks to go on Kickstarter, so I think they’ll do even better. $2 million?
Here’s what’s new in Music IO: Audio and MIDI over USB:
Version 1.10 brings audio over USB! With Inter-App Audio support built in, you can host synthesizer and effect apps within Music IO, and send the audio to a Mac with amazingly low latency. All audio data is transmitted in 32-bit floating point, so there’s no degradation of sound; what your Mac receives is crystal clear.
Music IO integrates both audio and bi-directional MIDI functionality into a single app. It’s simple, easy-to-use, and better yet: one app means less processing and memory demands on your iOS device. This lets you use more instruments, create more complicated sounds, and add more (and more sophisticated) effects.
Here’s what’s new in synth-Q:
- fixed IAA issues
- fixed Core MIDI issues courtesy of MidiBus by Nic Grants
- fixed preset export bug
- fixed issues with stuck notes
- added IAA Instrument MIDI support and transport controls
- additional MIDI control support (sustian pedal, program/bank change)
- added more info to subject lines for preset or recording e-mails
- osc coarse number box range increased to +/- 36 semitones
- added 64-bit support
- CPU improvement
- improvements in preset menus