I remember seeing this for the first time at Music Tech Fest in September. It’s a pretty impressive device actually so well worth a look at the funding campaign.
midiSequencer 1.11 has arrived. Here’s what’s new …
- Setting to enable load last bank/snapshot without any key presses.
- Adding filename to pf Panel saveBank button
- Fixed output latency set to 5000ms on initial install – now set to 120ms
- linked controls are now per type of control (notes, velocity, etc)
- lock controls – useful for audition & stopping playback mistakes.
- compressed graphics footprint by 20%
- fixed odd coloured green key mask for chords
- improved performance whilst in background
- Improved performance when IAA/AB host is disconnected/killed.
- Can now divide output clock by tempo (e.g. 1/2 or 8/1) in options panel – saved in snapshot
- increased midi echo fx tempo to include slower 8/1,16/1 & 32/1 tempo sync
- fixed bug with CCs not using values on Cycle reset.
This looks like a fun app …
Chiptune Guitar is a music app like no other. Featuring 12 instruments sampled from vintage hardware emulation, Chiptune Guitar lets you customize a grid of twelve fully-selectable chord slots to play virtually any song on instruments derived from authentic chiptune sounds.
Chiptune Guitar costs $1.99 on the app store:
iModular looks like it might be an interesting step in the direction of linking the world of iOS to the modular community. As I don’t have a modular set up (yes I’ve resisted it so far) I can’t test this out, but I’m really interested in hearing the feedback from anyone in who does try it out.
Here’s the app store description …
The iModular application turns your iPhone/iPod/iPad into a two channels multifunction module for your modular synthesizer. It can be used as a 6 points Envelope Generator, an Envelope Follower, or Low Frequency Oscillator. The two channels are independent and can be used in different modes at the same time (e.g: channel 1 being an LFO, channel 2 being an Envelope Generator)
When used with the dedicated iModular hardware Eurorack module from BEB, each input channel can be used either as an audio or as a gate, depending on the selected mode in the application.
Each function can be controlled by gate signal, by MIDI or by RTP-MIDI. It is fully programmable (64 user programs are stored within the application) and helps to turn your modular synthesizer into a programmable machine.
iModular application can also be used with Expert Sleepers hardware (note that some limitations apply when used with ES hardware. Please check the iModular user’s manual for the list of these limitations).
iModular costs $3.99 on the app store: