Introducing the queuing synthesizer for iPad from the maker of 76 Synthesizer …
Synth-Q has been designed from the ground up with the touchscreen interface in mind. Synth-Q is a subtractive synthesizer with a customizable interface. A unique module queuing system, resizable multi-octave keyboard, and intuitive cable-based modulation controls offer a truly dynamic music-making experience for iOS.
Each part of the synth is separated into units called modules. Each module snaps into place along a scrollable surface above the keyboard.
Control the number of modules shown on the screen at any time. Control which modules appear for each sound.
Tap a button on the module menu to launch a module and add it to the queue.
Drag a module up and release to remove it from the queue.
Drag a module down to move it within the queue.
Add variability to your sound by connecting different modules using virtual cables.
Alter the sound with synth-Q’s movable keys.
Synth-Q provides an intuitive and engaging way to get started creating your own sounds, and is ideal for production, performance and music education environments.
Full feature list:
- three oscillators — sine, triangle, saw, square, pulse and resonant noise waves
- three adsrs — amp, filter and modulation envelopes
- filter with lowpass, hipass, bandpass, band-reject and peak filter modes
- frequency modulation oscillator
- ring modulation oscillator
- eight modulation bays with virtual cables enable interactions between modules
- three tempo-syncable LFOs with sine, triangle, saw, reverse saw, square, random curve and random step waves
- two XY matrix pads
- XY keys module turns the keyboard’s movable keys into modulation sources
- two FX slots with chorus, flanger, phaser, reverb, tremolo, distortion, delay and bitcrush
- analog simulation with soft clipping and random pitch wavering
- midi module with pitch bender, modwheel and velocity
- master volume control
- multi-octave resizable keyboard with 4-voice polyphonic, monophonic and legato modes
- optional “sticky keys” mode locks each key to your finger after being pressed
- when used as a modulation source, sound can be altered by moving the keys in different directions
- unique rearrangeable module queueing area defines which controls are present per preset
- fully featured preset menu system with options to share and import via e-mail or iTunes File Sharing
- import presets directly from iOS mail by tapping and holding the attachment and pressing “Open in synth-Q”
- functional graphic design and layout eliminates screen switching by keeping the control modules and keyboard in constant view
- Audiobus support with Inter-App Audio
- A=432Hz, A=440Hz and A=444Hz tuning modes
- 44100k Hz, 32000 Hz and 22050 Hz sampling rate modes
- MIDI input and output per channel
- basic recording feature to save, play, loop, and share recordings
- import .WAV files from iTunes File Sharing for playback
- parallax motion effects
Synth-Q costs $4.99 on the app store: