It didn’t take long to arrive did it! Here are the details …
Intro offer: $0.99 throughout December!
DISCLAIMER: MIDI is not working. Apple is currently reviewing an updated version that adresses this and other minor issues, which will be available next week.
FM4 is a four operator FM synthesizer for iPad. Modelled on the popular DX series from the 1980s FM4 provides the same gritty sound, with a modern interface, and without being bound by the limitations of the original units.
Every aspect of the hardware — from envelope curves to sine-table sizes and quantisation errors to digital-to-analogue converters — has been meticulously analysed, in order to recreate the raw and dirty sound of the original units.
The interface of FM4 has been carefully thought-out and is simple and intuitive, yet powerful — with every parameter being available on a single page. No menus, tabs, or jumping from page to page.
FM4 is capable of producing a multitude of sounds, ranging from punchy basses, crystal-clear bells, and lush pads, to organic textures, striking drums, and piercing leads.
- Four operators configurable in eight different routings
- Three sound engines modelled on 1980s hardware units
- Eight waveforms derived from classic FM synths
- 2x, 3x, and 4x polyphonic unison
- Tempo-syncable arpeggiator with up, down, up-down, and random patterns
- Microtuning with eight different temperaments
- Supports Inter-App Audio, background audio, and MIDI over bluetooth (support for Audiobus is coming)
- Up to 24 voices of polyphony
- Presets can be imported/exported through iTunes
All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and reference to these here in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Primal Audio. All trademarks are solely used to identify the products whose sound was studied during the development of FM4.
Native Instruments’ iMaschine app is now on the bus and adds IAA as well. Here’s the full update:
- Audiobus integration – chain the sound from iMaschine into apps such as GarageBand
- Inter-App Audio integration – stream audio output to other apps. Supports transport control and sync on iPad, supports transport sync on iPhone.
- Non-destructive Sample Start/Stop position editing
- Improved workflow for Track/Song Import via iTunes
- Covers and artist names shown when browsing iTunes songs
- Fixes display issues on iPhone 6+ devices
- GUI and workflow improvements
- Miscellaneous bugfixes
Please also note the new system requirements:
Requires iOS 7.0 or higher
Of course this was a massive step forward for all of us, and, it still is.
Korg Volcas on eBay
Samplr on the app store:
In case you missed this from Monday this is a little teaser for a hardware thing I’m involved with, more about this soon. In fact, tomorrow probably!
The Mikme Audio Recording app arrives from the Kickstarter project of the same name. Here’s the app’s description …
Simple audio recording with up to 8 tracks. Capture your ideas wherever you go. Record and organize audio notes, interviews, band rehearsals and your songs.
Easy as 1-2-3
Tap to start recording. Capture your creativity.
Snap a picture and save your sound.
MULTIPACK – 8 Track In App Purchase – is FREE for a limited time only
- Create songs with 2 tracks (8 tracks via In-App Purchase)
- Browse through your songs as pictures in the gallery
- Find your songs based on date, location and picture
- Mix your songs with volume and panorama
- Edit every single track
- Share songs with your friends
Mikme records now with the internal iPhone microphone. To get studio-grade sound, use the Mikme Microphone, which is now on Kickstarter.Everything you will record with the Mikme Microphone will sync up with your iPhone wirelessly. It is the best companion for the MIKME App!
Check it on Kickstarter!
- Track-Effects (Delay, Distortion, Reverb, Filters, Compressor, Limiter)
- Multimik – Record with 3 iPhones simultaneously
- Save songs and tracks in Dropbox
- Audiobus support
- Support of Mikme – Wireless Recording Microphone
We recommend using iPhone 5 and higher for multitrack recordings. We are working on improving the performance of the app.
Also, have a look at their campaign on kickstarter …
C.24 User Guide from Miselu on Vimeo.
“This is a quick start guide to the C.24 wireless piano keyboard for iPad.”
It’s good to know that Genome 2.0 release is coming along and I like the idea of the modules inside the app too. So if you’re interested in being a beta tester for Genome 2.0, take a look here.
“I’m really loving the Mogees (http://mogees.co.uk) and I’m constantly looking around my house and studio for simple ways to grab some unique sounds. I love water, and found a few vessels to began experimenting. The screws ended up being the perfect hit on the water and the bottle. Then I used a magnet to move the screws around inside the plastic bottle. The tin container was stunning to play with and pouring the water sounded the most resonate with rich harmonics (this is the one I sampled into the Phonogene).
I used 2 samples in the Octatrack with 3 variations of each sample being faded between. The Midi tracks on the Octa are being used to send CC’s to the Expert Sleepers ES-40 and then distributed throughout the modules. Timing is from the Analog 4 via the Grayscale Synapse.
Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for watching!
Mogees, Elektron Octatrack & Analog 4, and Eurorack Modular (Phonogene, Echophon, ZDSP, Maths, Pittsburgh Modular Filter, SSF Positronic Transient Gate, Circuit Abby G8 & ADSR Jr, 4ms SCM, Expert Sleepers ES-40 & ESX-8CV”
“Beats Music™ for the audiophile.
Use the best equalizer in the App Store to enhance your listening experience of Beats Music™
Allow cross fading of songs to enjoy uninterrupted music
Fully parametric equalizer
Auto-normalized to prevent distortion
Reuse the presets you already made in our other Audioforge eq apps
High resolution audio streaming
Import your iTunes playlists and convert them into Beats Music playlists
Full support of Beats Music™ (Make sure to sign up through the official app and maintain good standing)
This app is geared towards audiophiles who want to equalize their music and also to those who prefer un-interrupted music that cross fades between songs. A small percentage of users will be hearing impaired listeners who can adjust the audio output to their asynchronous hearing loss and as such experience the music like before their hearing loss.
BeatsMusic is a trademark of Beats Music, LLC”