I’ve been meaning to post this for a while now. Seeing Disco Fingers makes me think about the apps we’re starting to see which aim to help people who’ve never made music to start. I do believe that apps like this are heading in the right direction, and I hope we see more like Disco Fingers and Auxy and others. But I think that there’s a bigger topic that needs discussing around the subject.
Anyway, for now here’s the app store description for Disco Fingers …
Disco Fingers is an easier and more fun way of making music. You don’t need musical experience—only fingers! Share your compositions with your friends or publish them to Disco Fingers FM radio, where you’ll interact with listeners from all over the world. Give it a try! There’s always room for more radio stars on Disco Fingers FM.
Each “Disco Finger” represents an instrument or a voice filter. Simply add these Disco Fingers to the grid to compose music, creating beats in a broad range of musical genres.
The higher you place the Disco Fingers on the screen, the higher pitch of the note. The lower you place them, the lower the pitch. Your composition will always be in tune, so you don’t have to worry about disharmony.
You can also record your own voice and add lots of cool filters to it. Sound like a robot, a superstar, or even a chipmunk! It doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to sing. We’ll tune your voice so it fits the beat.
- Auto Awesome – Daft Hunk
- Rich Pitch – Plain Jane
- Synthesizer – Vocals
- Saxophone – Jazz piano – Guitar
- Double bass
- Bass guitar
- Electric bass
- And many more!
Become a radio star !
- Make a beat.
- Publish it to Disco Fingers FM.
- Get listeners and fans.
- Reach the Global Top List!
The more listeners around the world like your beat, the more it will spread. Using Disco Fingers, you can see a full overview of how many fans and listeners you’ve gained and how you’re performing in the global ranks.
You can also export your beat as a ringtone, send it to a friend, or share it on social media!
Lack inspiration? Simply tune in to Disco Fingers FM and listen to other people’s beats. There are lots of funny, beautiful, crazy beats playing on the radio right now!
Use Disco Fingers to…
- Make a custom birthday song for a friend
- Make a Christmas song
- Ask someone on a date with an original beat
- Send a funny beat to a friend
- Export your beat as a ringtone
- Share a beat on Facebook or Twitter
- Make a custom jingle for your blog, website, etc.
- And just have fun with music!
Disco Fingers offers three in-app purchases:
- Pro upgrade—access all instruments and all voice filters, the ringtone export feature, and the ability to remix radio hits.
- Publish beat—extra credit for publishing to the radio channel.
- Boost beat—queue your beat in front of all radio listeners.
However, the app itself is free on the app store: