I’ve been meaning to post about this for days but things have been busy, so I’m at least glad that I haven’t missed it completely! So, here are the details …
Remix a track from the new album “Big Phoney” by Apptronica artist jjj with The Works for an opportunity to win cool prizes!
- Grand Prize: $100
- Five Runner-Ups will receive Pro App Packs for iPad featuring Steinberg’s Cubasis and Final Touch by Positive Grid
- Top remixes will be released by Apptronica on an upcoming remix album!
More information here.
I’ve posted about this before, but in case you missed it from the first time around, twitter have released a new app called Twitter Small Business Planner, which could be of use to you. Here’s an extract from the app’s description:
“With the Twitter Small Business Planner, your business can more easily and effectively manage your activity on Twitter. Designed for small and medium-sized businesses, this app offers tactical guidance just in time for the busy holiday season. You’ll find suggestions for compelling Tweets, Twitter Ads campaign strategies, and information on tools to help you measure success. You can also learn about, and register for, the Twitter events that interest you most. Armed with these resources, you can set your business up for a productive and profitable end of the year. This holiday season,”
It’s free on the app store:
A very rare occurence indeed as Tom Whitwell (who used to write Music Thing), Peter Kirn (CDM) and myself are all in the same place at the same time!
Good to see the iOS Music and You Podcast return after what has seemed like a long break. In the show this time, Holderness Media, SECTOR, and DrumJam. Find it here.
Looking forward to these coming in …
Here’s what’s new in the latest version of Laplace:
- Audiobus support
- Various improvements
If you don’t know this amazing synth then I have to say you’re in for a treat. Take a look and give it a try. It really is quite amazing, and in my opinion quite different from many others.
MidiPatterns is a multitrack, pattern-oriented, MIDI step sequencer. You can use it as a simple drum machine, or to handle complex multi-timbral, polyphonic scores, controlling multiple hardware and software synthesizers at once. Please note that MidiPatterns does not generate sounds by itself.
- virtually unlimited number of polyphonic midi tracks(*) per document
- output to multiple MIDI devices, directly connected or linked through a network
- virtually unlimited number of patterns(*) per document, each with a size variable between 1 and 256 steps and specific time signature settings
- each step in a track can send volume plus 8 midi controller messages
- randomizing capabilities to improve expressiveness: notes properties (velocity, duration, probability, swing) and step controller messages can be set to change subtly and randomly during playback
- patterns can be assembled in variable length sequences
- imports and exports MIDI files(*)
- MIDI clock synchronization, both as master and as slave
- articulated mute and solo configuration
- powerful, interactive quick help mode
- tap tempo function
- metronome precount and sound options
- virtual input and output MIDI devices
- variable score grid size
(*) The ability to manage an unlimited number of tracks, patterns and sequences and the midi file import and export feature require in-app purchases.
As mentioned it’s free, but based on a freemium model.