Yes, I missed one last Sunday, so it’s been two weeks since my last round up of mobile music news. Anyway, here are the highlights from the last fortnight so you can catch up on stuff you’ve missed.
- MIDIbit went on sale, the 3rd party MIDI adapter for littleBits
- CDM posted a great round up of all the events that have been happening with SoundLab
- We had the Sunvox best music of October published
- And of course a reminder about Movember (you’ll see more this week too)
- And a useful video of Auxy and DJay 2.
- Koushion MIDI Step Sequencer 4 brought a lot of new features
- And a little 8-bit demo of Genome shows that the new version is still progressing
- Tuesday Night Machines reviews the Mute Synth I for us
- There’s now a handy learning pack for the Lemur Canvas object
- Audiobus shares its database of bugs and their status
- iOS Music and you returns after a bit of a break
- midiSequencer 1.9 brings even more features and FX
- Phonebloks shows what they’ve been up to in this video with a working prototype
- Virtuoso arrives for your iPhone
- Loads of good stuff is coming in the next version of AudioShare which is coming soon
- Voice Jam Studio arrived from TC-Helicon and made a splash with this intro video, this trailer video, a getting started video, a mixer tutorial, and also a sync tutorial as well
- I posted some videos from the SoundLab event in September, of Dentaku, and Mogees as well
- zMors Modular arrived on the app store
- We get to see a bit more about the KDJ-One in this video, and this one with subtitles which is a little more helpful if you don’t speak Japanese
- We see Wejaam for Android in this video, and in this one too, plus step view here
- There’s a video intro for zMors Modular
- And Notion gets a surprise update
- The new Mute Synth II sells out straight away, but there’s a second edition in the works
- And here’s a zMors Modular tutorial video
- Plus a zMors video showing it using external gear
- Retronyms show the latest video of the forthcoming Phase84 synth
- Deregulator 2 is a big update
- Just so you know, AudioShare will go up in price after the next version (2.7) so you might want to grab it soon
- And it turns out that Retronyms hardware project Wej isn’t dead after all. They gave themselves another 30 days to fund it
- Here’s a preview of the mi.1 connect hardware and app
- Here’s a useful video of how to use the B-Step Sequencer live
- AmpliTube arrives on Samsung Android devices
- Borderlands Granular shows real time input recording, coming soon
- There’s a great album from Frozen Lonesome called “Blow my Blocks Off” on bandcamp
- A very strange find, a sequencer for the Sony Pocketstation
- Here’s Sunvox and Raspberry Pi showing just how cross platform Sunvox is
- An answer to a question lots of people have asked, when is Borderlands getting its update?
- A very useful ‘how to‘ video on using Thumbjam, Cubasis
- EchoPad brings a bunch of new features, plus a video to show them
- Tips on how to use the randomizer in the excellent SeekBeats
- Another Retronyms update on their new synth Phase84, this time about effects in the app
- Another useful zMors Modular video tutorial arrives
- IMISUCO microtonal controller for iPad arrives
- Multitrack Studio for iPad gets an update with lots of new features
- Lemur comes to Android!
- SpringSound 1.1 is a big update for this app
- TANSU Voice arrives for iPhone and is free
- Olympia Noise Co confirms that Ondes 1.1 has been submitted to the app store
- Loopy Masterpiece edition is announced
- Korg announce MODULE, a new iPad app with amazing sounds and integration with Gadget too
- WretchUp gets on the bus
- Launchpad gets a big overhaul
- And finally, the WR6000 has arrived, and it is free!
So, that was a busy time, and I hope it’s useful to maybe find some things that you missed over the last few days.
I thought that I’d also add a few things that you can expect to see from Palm Sounds next week too. I’m planning to give some updates on some of the events I’ve been at over the last couple of weeks. Events like, ROLI’s modern music industry event, Innovate UK 2014, Apps World Europe, Microsoft’s Future Decoded, and Music Production Expo. Hopefully you’ll find those useful too.