Well it isn’t a massive surprise. When Olivier started into the world of modules I wondered if the kits would survive, and now we know for sure, that they won’t!
So, what does this actually mean in practice? Here’s the what Olivier says about products that will cease::
I do not plan to produce new batches of the following products:
- MIDIpal. There are currently 55 units left in stock. I’m keeping a small stash to serve warranty requests. As time passes, I’ll get rid of them (without warranty).
- Shruthi XT kits. There are currently about 50 kits left in stock.
- Anushri (as a kit and as a PCB set). There are currently about 100 kits left in stock. I only have 40 Euro panel sets, so I might do a small run of them to prevent the last kits from being sold naked.
- Shruthi filter boards. I have in stock (or on order for the Polivoks and Yellow magic) about 50 pairs of filter boards. The digital filter board is already out of production.
- Ambika (as a kit and as bare PCBs). I currently have 50 kits being sorted, which will be available as a bundle with Adrian’s case in november or early december. I still have a big stash of PCBs – so this one will take more time to disappear.
I do plan to produce new batches of the following products:
- Shruthi kit. There’s really nothing quite like this little beast. I might narrow it down to one or two flavors (like vanilla = kit+plexi case and vanilla-caramel-choco-chips-cookie-dough = 4PM kit + metal case).
The fate of the following products is unknown:
- Module tester.
So, not great news for the DIY fan sadly. Not a massive surprise though either.