I know it’s been a while since the last one of these. My apologies. It’s been a really busy time, but I guess that the good thing is you get a massive round up of stuff all in one go now.
So, here are the highlights as I see them from the mobile music world since the 25th of August.
- We saw Builderz vocal DSP model for Caustic
- Pull is now available (requires Lemur)
- We see a full demo of iSymphonic Orchestra.
- The final production run of Thingamagoops is announced. You have until the 22nd of September to order
- Nagual Sounds announce their crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter
- Here’s a useful Stroke Machine video, an app which hasn’t had enough attention I think
- Color Chime arrives, an app that is really worth a look at for just having fun
- ToneStack GO for iOS arrives, plus a video too
- Conductr 1.2 brings a great new XY pad, plus a video too
- MultiTrack Studio 1.4 arrives
- And lastly on the 25th I explain why I’m having trouble deleting this app …
- Confirmation that the TweakyBeat update is still coming
- If you’re into modulars and have a sense of humour, then this page is worth visiting
- This is an interesting piece from littleBits on their modules v breadboarding, showing the cost and time of both
- Gumdrops for iPad arrives
- MaxComm arrives for sending OSC over WiFi
- A handy Arduino cheat sheet care of TWSU
- Disschord gives and early review of Miselu’s C.24 keyboard
- We tested NOiZE with users for the first time, and here’s how it was received
- LiquidSonics Mobile Convolution arrives
- EarHoof adds MIDI sync and more
- Galileo 2 arrives with lots of user experience features and more
- Animoog for iPhone gets an update and finally works on the iPhone 5 screen
- Noii.se comment on their release date aspirations
- I get started messing around with my Ototo board at last
- SpaceVibe for iPad arrives, plus a video here as well
- Video from Frozen Lonesome’s World of iOS Music apps workshop
- Smule introduces the TONE FX pedal for their Guitar! app
- Some thoughts from me on Color Chime and why it is a great app
- Focusrite announce iTrack Pocket for your iPhone, although I wonder how it’ll cope with the 6 and 6 plus?
- n-Track Studio for Android adds MIDI control in this video
- Here’s an update for the excellent Audio Mastering Studio hardware list for audio interfaces
- Music Production Expo is coming to London in November and the ticket deal is worth checking out
- Korg Gadget 1.03 arrives bringing new gadgets Ableton export and lots more
- Ondes arrived from Olympia Noise Co
- Different Drummer 3 arrived
- Korg announce new Electribe music production station!
- Korg announce mini Kaoss Pad 2S (for sampler)
- Korg announce Volca sampler too
- Some thoughts on Lucky Frame and their new game, Nightmare Collective and also previous releases too
- E-Theremin MkII arrives for iPad
- T A K E T E teaser for iOS
- A demo of NOiZE which is the version we took to the festival hall
- unimator for iOS brings text animation to your iPhone
- We get a look at the Lemur patch coming for the Atmegatron synth
- This OP-1 case is beautiful, but not cheap at all
- So it looks like iProphet really is a thing judging by these tweets!
- Super-looper for iPad is free and also available on the web
- So something new is coming from Kymatica it seems
- More about the iProphet thing
- bleep!BOX update on the way
- Apple announces iPhone 6, 6 Plus, and the Apple Watch too
- iOS8 arrives on the 17th
- Z3TA+ 1.3 arrives
- Reactify wins Berlin Music Week startup corner
- Competition to win an OP-1 and LANDR subscription
- Music Tech Fest day 1 round up here.
- ROLI’s next Modern Music Industry is on the 24th
- ThereMIDI is coming soon
- Sound and Music incubator is open
- And the iPod Classic is no more
11th of September:
- Here’s a very good manifesto for music technology
- Cross DJ for Android brings MIDI control (video)
- Studio Amplify talk about working with SoundLab.
- Sound Test Room shows you how to export to Ableton from Gadget.
- iKaossilator 3 arrives with Ableton export
- Bare Conductive – Touch Board MIDI (video)
- Orphion 1.7 is on the way
- Useful instructions on using the Arduino littleBit for MIDI.
- littleBits announce their new Proto module
- Listen to tracks 1 and 2 from the NOiZE jams at the Festival Hall
- midiSequencer 1.7 is a really big update
So, that’s it for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and make some great music.