Interesting to see a new multitrack arrive for iOS. It’s iPad only, but it is worth a look I’d say. Here are the details:
PreSonus® Capture™ for iPad® is a powerful 32-track audio recording application with up to 24-bit, 96 kHz fidelity and a lean and easy-to-use design. With level and pan control for balancing your tracks and essential editing features using intuitive finger gestures, Capture for iPad is the perfect mobile recording solution. Compatibility with PreSonus AudioBox iOne and iTwo USB/iPad interfaces (or any other MFi iPad interface) enables you to record high-quality audio anywhere inspiration strikes.
With Capture for iPad, you can record and save multiple songs on an iPad, and Capture is the only app that provides direct wireless transfer of your recordings to PreSonus Studio One® for Mac® or Windows® (version 2.6.3 or later), where you can edit and mix. A link to a free version of PreSonus Studio One is available in the app. Songs and individual tracks can also be copied using iTunes if the iPad is connected to the computer with a USB cable.
- Simple, intuitive, mobile recording solution for Apple iPad®
- Capture 32 audio tracks at up to 24-bit, 96 kHz
- One-tap recording
- Direct wireless transfer of sessions to PreSonus® Studio One®
- Editing functions include cut, copy, paste, split, and duplicate
- Level and Pan controls for balancing your tracks
- Saves in compact Apple Lossless format
- Works with any MFi-compatible interface, including PreSonus AudioBox iOne and iTwo
Compatible with iPad only. Requires second-generation iPad or newer, iPad Air, or iPad Mini and iOS 7 or later. Works with iPad-compatible (MFi) audio interface (including PreSonus AudioBox iOne and iTwo) or the internal iPad microphone.
Capture costs $9.99.
You can get Rheyne’s templates for free from the excellent site Stage Taken. Take a look and grab them.
What’s the app that’s been most useful or the most inspiring this week? Or maybe just the app that’s been your work horse for the last few days. Tell me which one it is and why.