It’s been a while since I did a proper round up, so this is going to be a massive catch up of everything from the 23rd of June to date.
- Compasso, an often overlooked app gets more responsive for older devices
- Now you can search with Bandcamp’s app, which makes it much more useful
- n-Track studio added a whole full mixer view and more in this update
- A big update came to rrarrow, including new objects and more
- I’m seriously tempted by this jacket.
- There’s a lot going on with midiSequencer according to all these tweets
- Amplitube Orange review and comparison post
24th of June:
- Arturia releases a big BeatStep firmware update
- Audiobus 2 SDK gives devs IAA out of the box
- Oscilab gets Audiobus in the latest update
- A reminder of the date for the Brighton mini maker faire in September
- e-l-s-a gives us an sorted arpeggiator in the latest update
- Here’s an interesting interview with Bruno Zamborlin from Mogees
- Sequence app breaks nearly a year of silence and states the somewhat lengthy timescales for an update
- Junglator wins a design award and is now free forever
- Read about when I met Roger Linn and also about his LinnStrument
- Detune publishes the first details of their new DSN-12 for Nintendo 3DS
- Our SoundLab project tweets some first thoughts …
- Frozen Lonesome album on bandcamp, take a listen, you won’t regret it
- Apparently there’s a new SoundPrism app in the works according to this tweet, but I’ve heard nothing else since
- SyncMix arrives to solve a lot of connection problems
- I give some thoughts on why the Theremini from Moog is so important
- Mitosynth arrives
- Wotja adds background images and more
- TC-Data Mere Mortal, demo video of this patch
- Music on the Move episode 2. Well worth watching these
- Conductr moves to a freemium model
- My thoughts on Modal Pro and modular synth apps too
- SquashIt for iPad arrives, an IAA effect
- Hypebot talks about their take on SoundCloud’s new app for iPhone
- Cassette Store day submissions are now open
- The Ototo board is nearly ready to ship, we’re looking forward to getting it
- Android L promises some improvements in audio
- Nice video showing TC-Data controlling iSEM and Magellan
- Flying Haggis gets an update and becomes more useful
- In case you missed it, our SoundLab project gets a nice mention on CDM.
- Yonac’s ToneStack arrives, video here.
- Hypebot is 10 years old!
- ROY G BIV is a synth that shows you how colours sound
- Trigger Box arrives to send gate to your analogue
- Alchemy synth updates with new pro and non-pro features
- Cubasis 1.8.1 brings some really nice new features to a maintenance release
- Sunsine Audio bring 64 new presets for iSEM.
- Matthia Krebs is running his annual workshop again. Find details here.
- Latest news on Borderlands 2.
- New version of BeatSurfing coming along too
- Wotja adds a game as well now
- There’s a free version of Oscilab for Android on the play store now
- iMPC Pro for iPad arrives
- Novation’s LaunchPad goes universal
- Cassini for iPhone, and also for iPad updated and on sale (well they were anyway)
- What’s happening with Robotic drums.
- Details of the Korg app sales.
- GliderVerb Features video, and in app features video too
- Tuna DJ Knobs on Kickstarter, already funded
- A bit of Patchblocks live at NIME last week
- iRig MIDI 2 announced by IK Multimedia
- Propellerheads announce Take Creative Vocal Recorder for iPhone
- TC-Data 1.0.1 brings a lot of new things and isn’t just a maintenance release
- Adam (who ran the NIME hack day) talks about the day on his blog
- AlitSpace convolution reverb for iOS submitted to the store
- Wotja removes the audio silences IAP in the latest version of the app
- Gambi chiptune remix app trailer video
- Sugar Bytes updates all its apps with AB2 state saving
So, that’s it for now. It was a lot of highlights in the end. See you from tomorrow morning for even more mobile music news.