Well this is a surprise, a new app from the makers of Figure …
- Sing, hum, rap, strum. Take captures your musical ideas—anytime, anywhere. With a single tap you’ll be recording, beatboxing, overdubbing, riffing, writing, trying out song ideas that you’ll want to share with the world.
- Feel the groove. Stay on the beat. Keep in time. Inspiring built-in clicks, loops and beats to kick start your creativity.
- Add new parts, double them up, create harmonies, sketch out the song
- Three tracks to build on your tune and flesh out your ideas
- Surprise yourself with how good you sound.
- Processing and effects that make your iPhone’s mic shine.
- Share on Facebook, Twitter, email.
Designed by Propellerhead Software—makers of Figure, Apple App of the Year 2012—Take is a creative recorder for musicians. It’s got the same drop-dead simplicity you’ve come to expect with your voice memos, with features custom-tailored to vocalists’ needs—like the ability to record harmonies along with your voice, blend in effects to sweeten the sound and sing along to an array of beats and rhythms. Take will soon become your go-to sketchpad for musical ideas.
Note: Take is optimized for the built-in microphone on your iOS device. Wear headphones to hear your backing tracks. Best results come from using headphones (the ones without an integrated microphone) and recording into your iPhone/iPod/iPad mic directly.