Introducing Arduino workshop 28th of June!
What could be better than spending time learning about Arduino, the favourite open source hardware hacking platform for designers, artists and hobbyists.
Join Technology Will Save Us for a 1 day intensive weekend workshop to get you started. Aimed at anyone and everyone who wants to learn the basics of Ardunio, simple electronics and building interactive projects.
This is an introductory level course for beginners.
Over the day we will cover:
- Basic electronic components, and theory.
- Introduction to the Arduino programming environment
- Introduction to the Arduino platform.
- How to use digital inputs (switches) and outputs (lights and motors)
- How to use analog inputs (sensors) and outputs (light brightness & motor speed)
- How to wire up and use sensors with your ideas
- How to make lights (LEDs) turn on and off, fade up and down, and generally blink at your command.
- How to make motors spin. Then its up to you to take it to the next level and start building your own projects!
There are 2 types of tickets:
- With Full Ardunio Kit: which gets you your own Arduino board and kit, complete with LEDs, sensors, motors, electronic components and more to take home.
- Workshop only: No kit will be supplied. You’re welcome to bring your own kit and selection of components. Or if you need to borrow something, let us know and we will arrange to have Arduino’s and components to loan to you.
- What do I need to bring?
- Your own Laptop!
- What else do I need?
To install the Arduino software before you arrive at the class. Download and installation instructions can be found here http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/HomePage
Recap of details:
10:00am — 5pm (6hrs to get your Arduino on with a 1 hour lunch break. There will be coffee breaks too. Optional drinks afterwards. Either BYOAK (Bring your own Arduino Kit) or get starter kit as a part of the ticket. All prices Include all VAT.