StompBox Band – Dual Effect Racks for your iPad, specifically designed for Bands or Guitarists who require a dual rack setup.
You can use StompBox Band Edition to provide two separate effect racks for different band members and output either a mix or separate outputs to your amps.
You can even pass a single guitar through both effect chains and morph between the two depending on how loud you play!
StompBox Band gives you the flexibility to have two effect racks running at the same time combined with the ability to utilise audio interfaces with multiple inputs & outputs.
Band Edition also has a built in Chord Explorer and Song Mode, allowing you to save commonly used patches and chords to song files. Use the Chord Explorer to audition your patches whilst making modifications.
StompBox Band supports AudioBus and Apple’s Inter-App Audio making it an excellent general purpose audio processing tool for all musicians, not just guitarists.
Simply listen through a pair of headphones, or attach external amplification to truly experience the program in all its glory!
StompBox and StompBox Free Owners can quickly and easily share their In-Apps Purchases with StompBox Band, no need to buy them twice.
- Guitar and Bass Multi FX Processor
- Process 2 Effect Racks at the same time
- Dual Channel Mode (Dynamic Switching)
- 18 Unique Effects available
- Chain upto 12 Simultaneous Effects
- Media Player with Time Stretching
- 4 Track Loop Recorder (In-App Purchase)
- Metronome/Chromatic Tuner
- Supports Audio Multi-Channel Interfaces
- Save 12 banks of 6 patches
- Virtual Foot Controller
- Virtual Whammy Pedal
- Tap Tempo
- Compatible with range of hardware interfaces
- 3 Unique Skins
- Programmable MIDI Control
- Chord Explorer
- Song Mode
The app is priced at $25.99.
Guide Track arrives from the developer behind Different Drummer. Here’s the app’s description:
Guide Track is the primary go-to tool when you want to quickly create a precise guide track for recording when you know the song structure and the style.
Simply enter in the time signature, which chords for how many beats and the beat style—Guide Track does the rest for you!
Use inter-app audio or AudioBus or save your track to file and you are ready to start recording for real with a perfect smart click track and guide chords.
Save hours of messing around and get to what matters—your creativity. Once done you can mute the guide track to reveal your perfectly structured recording. It’s like a sculptor using a mold when casting, except instead of bronze, you end up with perfectly structured music.
You can also use Guide Track to print out chord sheets for your band or to capture song ideas or for recording aid.
- Records stereo WAV file that can be copied and pasted, saved to Dropbox or emailed
- Supports Inter-app recording and Audiobus
- Saves 4-track Type 1 MIDI files (fixed format bug in 1.01 coming soon)
- All major chord families covered with chord inversions
- Over 35 stock drum patterns
- Click and Count-in
- 128 GM Sounds
- Several chord play styles
- Instant chord sheet
- Add rests or chords as needed
- Transpose songs any time
- Time signatures that readjust beat structures for you
- Preview chords before inserting
- Rearrange or insert chords or section
- Looping playback
- Define up to 4 sections for easy entry of repeated material
The app is priced at $4.99.
Here’s what’s new with Epic Synth analog synthesizer for AudioBus:
- MIDI CC support. Configurable via the Settings app
- AudioBus update
Not a huge update, but nice to see this app get an update after a while (last October actually).