It certainly felt like a busy week to me, and by the looks of it I wasn’t wrong. Of course the latter part of the week has been the start of our month long celebration of Palm Sounds turning 8 years old in May.
Anyway, here are the highlights as I see them, day by day …
- Monday started with the arrival of CSoundPad, an editor / player for CSound that runs on your iPad
- n-Track Studio Pro brings Audiobus state saving capability
- Xynthesizer went universal in the latest update (video demo here)
- Music Box Composer (remember that app?) added MIDI file export
- There’s a good tutorial on birdStepper’s pitch effect, part 1 of it anyway
- Details of Music Tech Fest London start to emerge
- B-Step Sequencer arrives for the iPad
- Finally, I put down some thoughts on the last Music Tech Pitch event I was involved in
- Wotja from Intermorphic gets on the bus and adds much more too in the latest version, plus there’s a video too on how to use Wotja
- There’s something going on over at 4Pockets, and more here too
- Z3TA+ adds MIDI stuff in the latest release
- Protein Der Klang gets an update after a long time
- We get to see the Mixer in the latest snippet of info on iMPC Pro from Akai and Retronyms
- littleBits announce the Synth kit winners.
- sir Sampleton announces Audiobus 2 state saving
- And finally, I post a few thoughts on the ROLI Modern Music Industry event
- I’m glad to say that our SoundLab project has now been funded
- Traktor DJ adds Mixcloud integration and new effects too
- We get the next installment of the birdStepper pitch effect tutorial
- Fiddlewax Yellow – Harmony looper, arrives and it is free for the first week, so it still should be today
- Well Thursday marked the start of a month long celebration of Palm Sounds turning 8 years old.
- Teenage Engineering have Oplab back in stock and a load of new videos showing it off. You can find them here 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- Audio Mastering 2.5 arrived. There’s a video here too
- Of course we had some great sale prices on all of One Red Dog Media‘s apps on Thursday, so a massive thank you to One Red Dog, and to everyone who joined in and grabbed a bargain
- Thursday finished off with some thoughts on why mobile music is important.
- Friday was day 2 of the Palm Sounds birthday celebrations and saw some awesome sales from Erik (humbleTUNE) and from Holderness Media too
- If that wasn’t enough, Holderness Media brought us Crystalline, their new shimmer effects app
- If you’re thinking about advertising in Apptronica, please take a look here and act fast
- We see a great use of the innovative vidibox app in this video using the app and audiobus
- Right on cue e-l-s-a 1.2 arrives in the app store
- It was awesome to see so many kind words from fellow bloggers and members of the mobile music community
- Well the goodness doesn’t end, and we had a great sale from White Noise Audio of their excellent bleep!BOX and Genome MIDI Sequencer apps
- Sound Test Room do a demo of Crystalline from Holderness Media
- We see part 3 of the birdStepper pitch effect tutorial
So, here’s to another packed week next week.
And, I can safely say that there’ll be even more sales, promo codes and more to enjoy next week as part of our month long celebration of Palm Sounds and mobile music.