Another unique app from Mr Nightradio who makes the awesome Sunvox, PixiTracker, Virtual ANS and more:
- format of graphical representation of the sound (music, human voice, etc.); in other words, it is the 2D audio barcode (by analogy with the QR-code);
- real-time PhonoPaper-code reader (using the camera);
- PhonoPaper-code generator (sound to image converter).
- PhonoPaper-code is analogue, so it is not so sensitive to different types of the image distortion (bad camera, dark picture, wrinkled paper, etc.); at least you will hear the “silhouette” of the original sound;
- PhonoPaper does not require access to the network; its code is self-contained;
- PhonoPaper-code can be played in real-time with hand-controlled speed and direction;
- PhonoPaper-code can be drawn by hand (paper version of the Virtual ANS synth);
- PhonoPaper is free!
Examples of usage:
- voice messages (or pieces of music) on the billboards, posters, postcards, goods;
- audio labels for phonorecords;
- audio examples in some textbooks;
- learning the basics of the spectral music.
PhonoPaper is based on the Virtual ANS engine – it is a software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS. So if you want to make more complex PhonoPaper-codes – use the Virtual ANS.
Default PhonoPaper-code length is 10 seconds. But you can make it shorted or longer – playing speed can be changed manually.
Official website with examples and FAQ: http://warmplace.ru/soft/phonopaper
PhonoPaper is free.