From the creator of the critically acclaimed* music app Chordion comes dot Melody, a fun new way to make music on your iPhone.
Move dots around to create intertwining melodies, bass lines, and drum beats. Switch chords and patterns on the fly. Select from a variety of instruments and process them through delay and reverb effects.
Best with headphones or over AirPlay.
- Tap or drag anywhere to create new dots.
- Move dots horizontally to change pitch within the current chord.
- Move dots vertically to change duration/rhythm.
- Tap a dot to make it a rest.
- Double tap to delete it.
- Switch chords/scales on the fly to change the notes in your pattern.
- Unlimited number of chords
- Choose from suggested chords or create your own.
- Unlimited number of patterns, each with 3 instrument layers.
- Copy, reverse, clear, randomize, and generate functions.
- Easily re-order patterns.
- 3 instrument layers
- 23 carefully created built-in instruments
- Mod Wheel enabled
- Independent volume controls with the mixer.
- Independent delay effect sends.
- Tempo-synced delay with feedback and low pass filter.
- Reverb with mix and decay controls.
Tempo & Time Signature
- Tap Tempo function
- Choose from a range of time signatures for pattern syncing.
- Use x/x time signature to enter “free mode” and let your instruments create phase patterns.
MIDI Out – In App Purchase
- MIDI out is available as an In-App Purchase.
- Each instrument layer can use independent MIDI ports and channels.
- Mod Wheel support included.
- Advanced MIDI timing implementation
- Create new files from templates in any key
- Easily duplicate or re-name files
- Hit the record button to record your jams in real-time.
- Recordings are saved to iTunes File Sharing.
- Use dot Melody as an Audiobus source! See http://audiob.us for more information.
Requires iPhone 4s, iPod touch 5th Generation, or newer.
dot Melody is priced at $2.99.