So it’s that time again, or a little later than that time to be honest, but still, here are the highlights from the last week, one day at a time.
- First thing on Monday we got Wotja, a new social music app from Intermorphic, it’s free and it lets you turn text into sounds and share it. Lots of details here.
- We get to hear what’s coming in Genome 2.0 via SoundCloud
- And a first listen to what GrooveCloud are up to
- Key In arrived giving you audio in and MIDI out
- And finally, there was a great video from DigiEnsemble on the making of a performance, which is well worth watching
- midiSequencer 1.5 is a really big update
- vidiBox arrived with Audiobus built in and MIDI too (tutorials 1, 2, 3, and 4)
- One of my fav drum machines, FunkBox, got a huge update with state saving and loads more
- We hear about new sharing options coming to Figure soon
- We hear a really good new album made in iOS from Kaz Mashino, it’s worth checking it out
- There’s something new on the way from new app developer Auxy, but not much that anyone can say as yet
- Not content with version 1.5, the developer of midiSequencer starts to outline the next features that are planned for the app
- Wednesday was a quiet day, but we did end the day with this great video of Brute LFO being used to drive a littleBits kit and making some awesome sounds
- Well Thursday was a quiet day as well but iVCS3 went up to version 1.1 and it was a big release too
- Friday was quiet too. What a week, but there was this great video of vidiBox.
- Apart from my mostly regular round up of SoundCloud tracks I also posted this video / track, made by me
So it was a bit of a strange week I think, but still interesting stuff popping up all over the place. Let’s see what next week brings. Surprises I’m sure.