So what a week that was, I’m still catching up with myself. You know what the big news was, but that wasn’t the whole story in the last 6 days, so here are the highlights as I see them, day by day. I’ve also added an additional section at the end of the round up, let me know what you think of it.
- We start off Monday with a little look at GrooveCloud on Vine
- GlitchBreaks confirms support for Audiobus state saving
- A little shout out for the excellent iPad Musician facebook group
- There’s a link to a post on meeblip anode and MIDI
- Cuckoo walks us through the new DSynth on the OP-1
- A little reminder about MIDI Hack coming up next month
- e-l-s-a arrived, a new sampler from the developer of ShapeSynth (plus a video here)
Tuesday (1st April, April fools day):
- We start off Tuesday with a little reminder of how to help out the bloggers in the mobile music community
- Olivier from Mutable Instruments (and maker of the ever amazing Bhajis Loops) gets interviewed
- littleBits announce that they’re developing an Arduino module!
- StudioLab announces IAA and more
- iMini fixes its MIDI issues
- Line6 shows their amazing new pickbot tech (April fool)
- Discchord has lost it and rebrands his site for cat apps only
- We take a look at a new music game called Echo which is more than just a game but helps you make music too
- The day before Audiobus 2 launches means we look at some of the history of Audiobus, starting with their first video, the first alpha in a very short video, then there’s the first teaser for version 1 of Audiobus, then the teaser for AB2, we see how multiple effects work in AB2 in this video, and finally a video on state saving in AB2.
- Fiddlewax blue adds MIDI.
- Sonoma Wire Works post their MacWorld round up.
- Brute LFO adds MIDI and more in the app’s latest update
- We get a look at what’s coming to the next version of n-Track Studio Pro for Android
- Sonoma bring us version 2.7 of GuitarTone.
- And Sonoma bring FourTrack version 7 with AudioCopy2, Dropbox and much much more
- Steinberg shows us a little preview of automation coming up in Cubasis which looks awesome
- Sonoma also gives us their wrap up of news from Musikmesse this year
- Here’s a quick link to all the apps supporting state saving in AB2, but it’ll be out of date pretty quick I’m sure
- Audiobus 2 finally arrives
- Image Line updates their ILRemote app (plus a video here)
- n-Track Studio Pro for iOS gets a nice update
- Juvul Teleport has now been submitted to the app store
- There’s a useful video of using Vio as an effect in AB2
- Audio Mastering 2.4 arrives with lots of new features
- Korg shows off their new RimPitch tuner, which looks amazing
- IK bring their new AmpliTube Orange to the app store
- bip 1.5 arrived with some new things and some fixes
- Another video showing just how good Vio is as an effect in AB2
- Unexpectedly Xenon Groove Synth gets Audiobus, MIDI, and more
Normally I’d stop there, but as I mentioned at the start I thought I’d test out a new section this week, on apps that are still on sale from the last week.
Apps that are still on sale:
- Gestrument LE is still free
- SynthDrum Pads is still on sale at $6.99
- BIAS for iPhone is still down to $9.99 from $19.99, as is the iPad version too
- VocaLive for iPad, and VocaLive (iPhone) are both down to $13.99
- iRig Recorder is down to $4.99
- Echo Pad is down to $1.99 (support AB2 state saving)
- Stereo Designer is also down to $1.99 and supports AB2 state saving
- Swoopster is also on sale for $1.99
So, a big week, dominated by Audiobus 2, which is to be expected. I’m sure there’ll be much more news from tomorrow onwards. See you then.