So another busy week goes by and there’s been lots to talk about. New apps, great updates and even more to look forward to as well.
But of course, the big news this week was everyone going loopy over loopy HD as a result of the Billy Joel Lion Sleeps Tonight thing. Great stuff of course, and some great PR for the mobile music world as a whole. Michael talked to Ross Greenwood about the app and the song etc.
The other big news is Audiobus 2. It’s coming on the 3rd of April, so not long to wait for that.
Anyway, on with the round up …
- So Nice to be your friend synth arrived, and here’s a video too
- Drum perfect 1.01 arrived bringing separate track export to this nice human drum machine
- We start to see the look of dot Melody from the developer of Chordion
- Details of Audio Mastering 2.4 appear and it looks pretty good
- I talk about Line6’s new Amplifi FX100 unit, which looks pretty amazing
- Positive Grid releases their latest app for all your mastering needs, Final Touch arrived on the app store today
- We hear that there’s an update coming to the venerable iSequence (HD), which is great news!
- We show a nice little video of the upcoming Soulsby Atmegatron synth, which looks just awesome
- There’s a great video of CCequencer, a lemur template for sequencing MIDI CCs which looks pretty cool
- Details are available for MIDI Hack which is coming in May in Stockholm and looks like it could be fun to go to if you’re interested in hacking MIDI stuff
- If you’re a SeekBeats user, or want to know more about this great drum synth, then there’s a great collection of videos about the app here.
- iMIDIPatchBay becomes a universal app and there’s a video to prove it too
- If you haven’t played with Patatap as yet, try this post and make some sounds with this only noisemaker that you can embed in your site too
- Kymatica confirms that the excellent line of AUFX effects apps will all support Audiobus 2’s state saving functionality
- You can read what I thought about Sonoma Wire Works at Musikmesse this year
- MIDI Designer 1.6.1 is a pretty big update for the app as it keeps on delivering more and more functionality to users
- The latest version of the excellent Echo Pad effects app brings MIDI functionality and also state saving in readiness for Audiobus 2 coming next Thursday
- SECTOR 1.0 arrives as well and has so much new stuff in it that it’s almost too much to list
- And I meet up with EUMLab at Musikmesse and tell you all about their apps
- Mosaik arrives and is very cheap but the developers admit they still have a lot of things to put in the app
- In a surprise update MultiTrack DAW arrives with lots of new features like Inter-app audio, Audiobus 2 state saving and loads more besides.
- Audulus for iPhone has now been submitted, so we have loads of modular goodness to look forward to there
- Earhoof for iPad arrives, it’s an instrument app that turns you iPad into the rhythmic gradient of sound (apparently). There’s a video too, which is pretty impressive I have to say
- Audiobus announce the date for version 2 of their app. It’s coming on the 3rd of April, so not too long to wait at all
- And after years and years, Phoenix Studio (which was a Windows Mobile app) comes to Android, and is coming to iOS too
- Saturday was given over to lots of Arduino content as it was Arduino day worldwide. You can find lots of Arduino related stuff on the blog by clicking the Arduino label, or just doing a search.
- One last things though, it was great to see Sonoma win Best of Show for their new GuitarJack Stage hardware. Well done all at Sonoma!
So, here’s to another great week in mobile music. There’s always plenty to look forward to, but as we have Audiobus 2 to enjoy from Thursday I’m guessing that there will be lots of news around that and apps updating to take advantage of saving states etc.
Once again, sorry that the round up is so late, see you tomorrow!