Another week another huge load of news and stuff! Here are the highlights, as it happened day by day.
- Indiloop arrives, and it was free
- Oscilab is on the way from the makers of PocketBand for Android. Oscilab will be iOS and Android compatible!
- BOOM 808! arrived from the makers of Modular (video here)
- Arduino piggyback synth looks interesting
- MIDI Sprout is still on Kickstarter on well on the way to getting funded
- If you’re interested I found out that there’s an updated version of Nic Collins excellent book on handmade electronic music on iBooks
- Twirl for Neuron VS arrived, and here’s a video too
- Problems with csGrain and Audiobus? Here’s how to fix them
- Sliver promises state saving under Audiobus 2
- Musikmesse 2014: Some nice new toys coming from IK soon
- Stochastik drum machine returns
- Something very interesting is on the way from Mr humbleTune.
- Blofeld Arp arrives
- Traktor Audio 2 arrives from NI and is iOS ready (video here)
- And I get a closer look at the C.24 from Miselu at Musikmesse
- Korg’s new Rimpitch is an awesome design for a tuner
- littleBits are going to the cloud with the announcement of their latest module, but it won’t be out until the third quarter
- Here’s Lala’s top ten apps
- Synth 76477 arrives (video here)
- And we also get a top 10 from Cloudsounds too
- Mixbox arrives for your iPad and is free
- And another top ten, this time from Ottorhin.
- BIAS have their custom amp competition underway
- We get a look at presets under Audiobus 2.
- Chiptunes Pro for iPad arrives, letting you make music with chips
- Cakewalk show off their new Z3TA+ iPad synth at Musikmesse
- Imogen Heap puts her Mi.Mu glove on Kickstarter, but it isn’t cheap
- There’s a nice bio piece on Andrea, founder of Digital Music Trends
- RoboKnobs is a great Lemur template
- EchoPad 1.8 promises Audiobus 2 state saving
- I’m on Digital Music Trends talking about Musikmesse and the music business in general
- Mosaik has been sent to the app store for review
- Swoopster gets Audiobus 2 state saving
- You can hear me talking about the Beautiful Octopus club project I was involved with last year
- Billy Joel and Jimmy Fallon use Loopy live on TV
- Here’s what’s coming to Sector in version 1.0.
- S.A.M.M.I. arrives for iPad for making experimental noises
- Win a Bastl Instruments drum synth and MIDI module.
- As ever, there’s the now traditional round up of tracks from the mobile music community in my Saturday morning listen
- Xnthesizer confirms that the iPad version will be a separate app
- IK have a special offer on their iLoud speaker
- Minigamagoops show up, but are they real?
- Vio is now an Audiobus effect
- dot Melody from the makers of Chordion is coming and looks very cool
- And finally, you can find out what I made of the Bastl Instruments modules at Musikmesse
So there you have it. The top highlights from the last week. There was a lot in there. There’ll be more next week including continued highlights from Musikmesse that I haven’t written up as yet.