S.A.M.M.I. is an application for sound experiments and sonic formations, featuring a sequencer, drone machine and theremin.
Sequencer – including key, note range, 5 waveforms, delay, filters, release, bpm, number of beats and loading/saving patches.
Drone machine – four oscillators with 5 waveforms, frequency/note, detune, filters, LFO (controlling volume/pitch/filter), delay effect and loading/saving patches.
Theremin – including tilt/touch control, starting note/frequency, note range, interpolation/step frequency change and delay effect.
Just experiment and see what happens!
S.A.M.M.I. has been tested on iPad2+ and is supported by ads on the menu screen.
This is a really long list starting with the big things:
- Automatic micro-fades to avoid clicks (see SND menu)
- Send MIDI clock sync (see MIDI config in PRJ menu)
- Support for Audiobus2 and state saving
- Recording of results, quantized to sequencer cycle
- Recordings can be loaded back as a loop, exported to AudioShare, AudioCopied, or opened in other app
- New loops by Richard Devine, Sonic Mayhem, Arovane, and Sunsine Audio
- Share projects by email or send to other apps like Dropbox
- Allow decoupling of tempo and sample playback rate
- Preview selected sector or warp while stopped
- Main volume slider and oscilloscope display
- AudioPaste for importing loops
- Add RND/CLR/CPY/PST buttons for WRP
- Four memory slots also for WRP
- Copy/paste memory slots (long-press)
- Preview samples and recordings
- Toggle to follow IAA host play/stop
- Bundled users guide (see PRJ menu)
- Added more warp shapes
- New design for memory slots, show all simultaneously
- Split the menu into improved PRJ and SND menus
- New demo projects by Kymatica and Sunsine Audio
- Read BPM from filename to calculate number of beats
- Tap the Speed label in the SND menu to reset to original BPM
- Display ‘invisible’ warp slot probability
- Store currently selected memory slot in project
- Store assigned manual trigger buttons in project
- Fix loading of soundfiles that are not 44.1kHz
- Auto-normalize samples, fixes occasional clipping
- Don’t auto-select warp slot when changing probability
- Fix occasional overflow bug in buffer player logic
- Improve level peak metering
- Resample sequencer pattern when changing n sectors
- Show number next to shapes in warp menu
- Fix “Amenbreak B”, was the same as “Amenbreak” (full length)
- Confirm before new/load project if there are unsaved changes
- Sort by bpm or name in soundfile tables
- Keep current MAP/SEQ/WRP tab open when loading project
- Many other minor tweaks and fixes
New things coming from beep street.
Apart from being good fun this is such a great advert for making music on iDevices, and of course, specifically for Loopy!
Loopy HD on the app store:
I mentioned this event last year but I had no idea that this film had been made about it. I’m in there about halfway through the video.
Spot the apps we used too …