Here’s what’s coming in Meteor Version 2
- Meteor has a new look and feel which was introduced to unify the appearence when running under either iOS6 and iOS7. As of version 2.0 we no longer support the iPad 1 as we have a minimum requirement of iOS6.1.
- Meteor now allows 4th and 5th generation iPad users the ability to create up to 32 tracks so long as you have purchased the 16-24 Track upgrade.
- A new ‘Add Track’ button has been added to the bottom of the header column in Track View. This can be used to add tracks one at a time specifying the Track Type before creation.
- Meteor now supports Apple’s Inter-App Audio for both Instruments and Effects during the recording process. You can select a single instrument and effect processor from a tracks Audio In/Out dialog before recording. This will allow you to use external Apps such as StompBox as an external effects unit or for direct recording of your guitar.
- We have improved Meteor’s MIDI file handling and added a new General MIDI compatible instrument which will attempt instrument mapping on import of a MIDI file. This is even available to those that haven’t purchased the Virtual Instrument Pack, however the quality of the instruments isn’t up to the same high standard.
- We have added an improved ‘New Project’ dialog allowing you to configure the initial number of tracks and track types. It is now possible to create a project with as few as 8 tracks and then add new tracks as and when they are required. This reduces memory and cpu load on the system and reduces screen clutter.
- The ‘Track Count’ option is now always available on the ‘Options’ menu allowing you to specify as few as 8 or as many as 32 tracks in 8 track increments. This will depend on the model of device and whether you have purchased the track upgrade option.
- There is now a CPU Usage tool available in the ‘Tools’ menu. This is useful for keeping an eye on system load with large projects. Tapping on the meter toggled between cpu, polyphony and storage space.
- Virtual Instrument patches can now be selected directly from Track View using a MIDI tracks In/Out dialog.
- We have added a new Display Mode option called ‘Real Time’ which displays the song position and ruler measurements in seconds. In this mode the metronome counts seconds, rather than beats and bars. The ‘Time’ option only changes the way the song position is displayed, and does not effect the metronome or ruler measurements.
- Added a Lock Faders button to the master channel of the mixer. This can be used to adjust all faders at the same time, allowing you to reduce or increase the overall volume of a mix.
- Added support for the new AudioBus SDK Version 126.96.36.199
How lovely …