Touch Board is getting very close to their aspirational £75,000 target now. Less than two weeks to go.http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/863853574/touch-board-interactivity-everywhere
“Giving a new iPad app a try, called Phawuo — a subtractive mono synth that promised extremely dirty sounds, and definitely delivered. You won’t see it in action, but I had to play it live into the the sampler due to its lack of a sequencer, so there’s that.
Most of the sounds (minus the bass guitar and chime preset) came from the Phawuo app, sampled and effected on the Zoom SampleTrak ST-224 sampler seen in the video.
Unfortunately, a lot of the action isn’t in the frame. I’m using a mixer to cut tracks in and out with my right hand. My left hand can be seen cueing up each section of the song on the Yamaha QY70, going from Intro to Main A and the Ending. Also not immediately obvious is that the QY70 is controlling the sampler via MIDI. The QY70 can be a tricky sequencer to get the hang of, but I’ve been able to limp along with it, so far.”
Phawuo on the app store:
Patch Morpher is a live performance tool and sound explorer for your synthesiser.
Just as an artist mixes paints to create new colours, Patch Morpher allows you to mix the patches from your synthesiser to create inspiring new sounds.
Create new & original sounds really easily & quickly:
- Start from your favourite presets.
- Smoothly morph from one patch to another, or enable random mutations.
- Control hundreds of parameters as you move your finger on the screen.
- Play your synth and listen to the changes in real-time as the sound evolves!
- Fine-tune your creations using the full visual editor.
- Save your patches to your iPad and create live performance “Scenes” with your favourite sounds.
- Compatible with the DSI Prophet 08 & Prophet 12, the Korg KingKorg, Moog Voyager & the Mutable Instruments Shruthi-1.
- Utility to assist in converting sounds from the Prophet 08 to the Prophet 12.
Patch Morpher will totally change how you create sounds for your synthesiser: be inspired and have fun making music!