I can’t believe it’s 5 years already! It’s become our defacto platform for mobile music and it’s great. Here’s to the next 5 years with SoundCloud. I’m sure that they’ll be just as innovative if not more so.
Patch Morpher is an innovative sound generator, patch editor, librarian and interactive performance tool for synthesisers.
Just as an artist mixes paints to create new colours, Patch Morpher allows you to create new sounds from your favourite patches & presets.
Patches can be organised into scenes for live performance, and you can then morph or mutate between them to create totally original new sounds & patches, controlling hundreds of parameters with one finger, all in real-time. You can even keep playing your synth as the sound evolves.
A full editor is available to allow you to further tweak your sounds, taking advantage of the iPad’s touch screen to give you full control whilst allowing you to view many parameters at a single glance with no hidden menus. Patches can be saved on your iPad so you won’t run out of storage slots on your synthesiser.
The application also provides support for converting patches between the Prophet 08 and the Prophet 12. And you can also play the Moog Voyager “paraphonically”: simulating up to 3-note polyphony!!
Patch Morpher uses Core MIDI, and the Apple camera connection kit and a USB cable, or a MIDI interface, are required to connect your iPad to your synthesiser.
Patch Morpher is currently only compatible with the following synthesisers:
- Moog Voyager
- Dave Smith Prophet 08
- Dave Smith Prophet 12
- Korg KingKorg
- Mutable Instruments Shruthi-1
- (more coming soon!)
Please see our web-site for a video demo, user manual & free patch downloads.
Patch Morpher will totally change how you create sounds for your synthesiser: it’s easy & fun to create inspiring sounds, plus you’ll have more time to play & make music!
The app is free, but I think it has IAPs.
BIAS is an Amp Designer, Modeler and Processor for iPad. It’s warm, accurate and more versatile than any other modeler, processor in hardware or software ever created.
BIAS starts with stunning replications of 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history and then lets you customize them to respond perfectly to your unique touch and feel. Swap out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic—even change the tube’s bias—to create your dream amp and distinctive signature sound. Tap once to open your BIAS amp in JamUp and add awesome multi-effects.
Close your eyes, and you’ll swear you’re hearing the real thing. With BIAS, you own a complete virtual collection of the most coveted and unique guitar amps of all time—some dating as far back as the 1940s. Every amp model is meticulously engineered to respond to your playing with immediacy, sensitivity and realism that make you not only sound better but also play better. And BIAS sounds great on bass guitar, too.
But BIAS doesn’t stop there. Create totally new sounds by designing your custom dream amp. It’s as easy as tap and drag. Using BIAS’ highly intuitive and lightning-fast interface, it’s child’s play to instantly swap out colorful tube preamps, lush distortion circuits, classic tone stacks, boutique power stages, custom-built transformers and cabs loaded with specially matched speakers. The result is a depth and range of tones not possible using traditional guitar amps or other modelers. Whether you’re a classic rocker, metalhead, jazz player, bluesman or singer-songwriter—and whether you understand how amplifier electronics work or not—you’ll be dialing in killer, exclusive tones in a heartbeat.
BIAS integrates seamlessly with Positive Grid’s free JamUp XT and optional JamUp Pro XT guitar multi-effects apps for iPad, expanding BIAS into a powerful and completely unified professional guitar system for live use, recording and jamming. Simply tap the JamUp icon on BIAS’ upper bar to open your current BIAS amp setup directly in either JamUp XT or JamUp Pro XT. JamUp XT adds 1 amp and 6 effects to your BIAS rigs. JamUp Pro XT adds fully 6 amps and 16 stomp-box and premium rack effects – including distortion, compression, tape delay, tremolo and spring reverb. Both JamUp XT and JamUp Pro XT include Jam player, 8-track recorder and phrase sampler, tuner and metronome, effectively turning BIAS into a recording studio and top-of-the-line practice utility.
BIAS works with GarageBand and other audio apps using iOS 7’s Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. Whether recording, songwriting, or honing your chops—at home or on the road—BIAS places unequaled tone at your fingertips.
- The most complete, accurate, and versatile amp modeling available in the world
- 36 amp models included with the introductory release
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, acoustic and bass
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets and mic selection and placement—mix and match!
- Customize the look and feel of your own amp panel, change name, tolex, panel and knobs.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers
- Included noise gate and room simulator
- Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps
- Quick preset to recall each of your 8 favorite settings in turn with just one tap
- Seamless integration with JamUp XT and JamUp Pro XT, open and save your amp models inside JamUp with one tap
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- Designed for iOS 7, requires iPad 2 or newer
BIAS is priced at $19.99.
From what Musical Android says the new version of this app has some great new features. Well worth a look if you’re an Android user.
Synthecaster, yep it’s universal plus this stuff as well …
- Synthecaster now natively supports iPad, which can play up to seven notes at once.
- The app will now rotate to match your device orientation (either Landscape Left or Landscape Right)
- The range of possible row tuning intervals has been expanded from 4-12 to 0-12.
- Note bending has been slight tweaked.
- Dismissing menus by dragging from the bottom is easier to activate.
- Fixed bug where presets menu would disappear after sharing a preset.