Phawuo is a monophonic virtual-analog synth with “dirty” oscillators. Good for bass sound and effects.
- Two special oscillators with sawtooth / square waveform and pulse width modulation. They produce antialiased waveforms with inharmonicity in higher pitches.
- distortion and feedback ring modulation for each oscillator
- 24 dB/octave state-variable filter (LP-BP-HP)
- two ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter
- LFO to modulate the frequency and pulse width of oscillators’ waveforms
- Audiobus support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
- Background audio support when connected to Audiobus
- CoreMIDI support (input only)
So, from the specs you might wonder why I’m so interested in this app. Well, if I’m right then this app was made in Max/MSP and the code ported using Gen. Now that means that there’s some very interesting possibilities available now.
If I’ve got it wrong, my apologies.
Anyway, the app costs $1.99.