This looks completely awesome and although I think the cost will probably be a bit too high for what it is I’d still like to know when these kits are available in the UK.
Matrixsynth has all the details on the kit and the modules, so if you’re interested in knowing more then check out the post there.
I’ve been chairing Music TechPitch 4.5 for over a year now and it’s a great way to meet music tech start ups and understand their ideas and give them feedback. This one was no different although it was a special event from my perspective as Mick Grierson from Goldsmiths University gave the keynote speech and talked about music app building and the open source libraries that Goldsmiths have developed.
It’s also interesting to see more app based start ups come through these events and get exposure to the pitch process.
If you’re interested in taking part at our next event please get in touch. I’ll be happy to hear from you.
Bare Conductive bring us the Touch Board which is already fully funded on Kickstarter …
Now anyone can transform touch into sound (and so much more!) with the Touch Board, an easy-to-use Arduino-compatible device.
What is the Touch Board?
The Touch Board is a tool to make your projects interactive, responsive, smart or just fun. Use the Touch Board to change the world around you by turning almost any material or surface into a sensor. Connect anything conductive to one of its 12 electrodes and trigger a sound via its onboard MP3 player, play a MIDI note or do anything else that you might do with an Arduino or Arduino-compatible device.
djay 2 for iPhone version 2.2 brings lots of enhancements …
- Enhanced KEY integration for iPhone 5s (library, sort, pitch actions)
- Enhanced Inter-App audio support with remote control for GarageBand and other host apps
- Enhanced library actions: Add all songs to Queue option
- Improved BPM sorting
- Improved SYNC for 2 identical tracks
- Improved meta data sync via iCloud on iOS 7 (cue points, BPM, etc.)
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Phawuo is a monophonic virtual-analog synth with “dirty” oscillators. Good for bass sound and effects.
- Two special oscillators with sawtooth / square waveform and pulse width modulation. They produce antialiased waveforms with inharmonicity in higher pitches.
- distortion and feedback ring modulation for each oscillator
- 24 dB/octave state-variable filter (LP-BP-HP)
- two ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter
- LFO to modulate the frequency and pulse width of oscillators’ waveforms
- Audiobus support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
- Background audio support when connected to Audiobus
- CoreMIDI support (input only)
So, from the specs you might wonder why I’m so interested in this app. Well, if I’m right then this app was made in Max/MSP and the code ported using Gen. Now that means that there’s some very interesting possibilities available now.
If I’ve got it wrong, my apologies.
Anyway, the app costs $1.99.