This new version of n-Track Studio, the ‘Pro’ version is basically the original n-Track Studio but with all of the IAPs included in one go. For completeness I’ve included the full app description here.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback.
Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or .m4a format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
2nd and 3rd generation iPod Touch devices require an external mic.
How it works
- Record a base track (i.e. rythm guitar) with the built-in mic
- Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rythm track
- Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ add effects
- Email the recording directly from your device
- The max number of tracks depends on the device capabilities, with the iPad or iPhone 4 you can typically use 10 tracks or more
- EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
- Import existing tracks from your iTunes library
- Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel
- MIDI tracks with builtin synth featuring 128 General MIDI instrument sounds, MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window, support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI
- n-Track is available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Exchange and share your projects on all your desktop and mobile devices
- Supports Audiobus: you can send audio from other apps to n-Track, play your favorite instrument app and record the output inside n-Track alongside the device mic/line input. Each Audiobus app can be recorded to a separate track
- Supports interapp audio: receive audio from instrument apps (interapp audio requires iOS 7)
- Support for multichannel external audio devices on the iPad: record 4 or more tracks simultaneously from pro-audio devices such as the RME Babyface, Fireface, Focusrite Scarlett etc.
- Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardiod, omnidirectional)
- Set recording resolution to 16, 24 or 32 bits
- Set sampling frequency up to 192 khz (frequencies above 48000 hz require an external audio device)
- Allows monitoring and processing live audio input with near-zero latency
- Automate track volumes and pan using volume and pan envelopes
- Use group channels to group and process tracks together
- Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices
- 3D frequency spectrum
- AudioCopy & Paste allows transferring audio files between compatible apps
Standard vs Pro editions
- n-Track Pro includes all the features that are otherwise available as in-app purchases for the n-Track app. In short n-Track Pro = n-Track + all available in-app purchases
The app is priced at $16.99 (£11.99)