Ok, so I’m getting this out of what is some very nice packaging.
Inside the outer sleeve is the main box which has a nice magnetic snap to it making it very sturdy indeed. I know it’s only a small touch, but it adds to the feel of the overall package. It’s very professionally done.
Inside the box are two cables for the device and the unit itself in a handy draw string bag.
The GuitarJack 2USB is a heavy unit, about the same weight as the last version, at least that’s how it feels to me. It’s build is very sturdy though. No concerns over the manufacturing at all.
Here’s all that’s new and shiny in 2.5. Isn’t it lovely?
- Compatible with Apple iOS Inter-App Audio (iOS7 only, iPhone+iPad)
- Compatible with iOS 7 on all devices (fix the graphic glitch on iPhone 5S)
- INTUA Sound Store for getting new kits and sound banks
- New effect: Stereo delay
- MIDI note learn on drum machine: configure each drum sampler exactly like your MIDI controller
- MIDI Clock and MIDI transport messages improved
- Quick MIDI CC touch’n’learn on instruments, mixer and effects controls
- Every instrument will listen on MIDI Channel #1 by default
- Take-over mode for reading back sequencer automations
- Looping will no longer reset automations
- OMNI disabled by default
- MIDI Clock messages are sent by default
- Auto-saved sessions (“Last Session”) now saved with project name, in a special directory “Auto-saved Sessions”
- MIDI configuration templates will now save custom note mapping
- GM Drum mapping mode in Drum Machine MIDI configuration panel
- Note length can be edited directly on the pattern editor
- Missing samples will still be displayed on pads and keyboard mapping editor for easier recovery (prefixed with a cross)
- Update to Audiobus SDK 1.0.2
- Other fixes and enhancements