A new and long awaited app from the maker of the excellent MoDrum and BassLine apps. Here’s all about LP-5 …
LP-5 is a performance-geared loop player for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Built for live arranging and remixing, LP-5 allows you to trigger audio loops using an intuitive launch matrix, while automatic tempo synchronization keeps you in time with the beat.
LP-5 is the perfect companion for your live performances, DJ acts, or studio sessions. Thanks to its real-time audio time-stretching feature and an exceptional MIDI implementation, you can have LP-5 play along a drum machine or DAW, or have an external sequencer play along LP-5 – always in perfect sync.
Play samples downloaded through the built-in store, or upgrade to the full version and import your own.
Touch and hold a slot to assign an audio loop, rearrange the launch grid by drag-and-drop, or undo with a shake – all in real time while your composition is playing.
- Five individual tracks that automatically synchronize to the current tempo, without affecting the pitch.
- Twelve scenes per project
- Send and receive MIDI Clock via virtual ports, a hardware interface, or over WLAN
- Remote start/stop via KORG’s Wireless Sync-Start Technology (WIST)
- Built-in sample store offering premium quality loop packs by Prime Loops, the world’s number one sound library brand for music producers.
- Full version (paid upgrade): Import audio loops via iOS’s document interaction technology (“Open In…”), INTUA Pasteboard, or iTunes Files Sharing. Supported file formats include WAV, MP3, and many more.
- Coming in next updates: Sampling, Inter-App Audio, Support for hardware controllers
The app is free but with IAPs.