So it’s been a while since the last round up post so I thought I’d do one that covered everything since the beginning of the month. There’s a lot that’s gone on, so here goes …
- Virtual ANS for iOS arrives
- VirSyn bring us Cube Synth for iPad.
- Arturia brings iSEM recreation to your iPad, there’s a tutorial here.
Apps on the bus:
- GrainProc now as an input and effect
- CoTracks now on the bus
- Thicket Classic on the bus
- New Thicket on the bus
- Mixtikl has Audiobus without IAP
- Noatikl has Audiobus without IAP.
- Boinkss is now a universal app so you can have some fun with this lovely toy on any iOS device
- An SonicScan Touch is also universal
- Reactable 2.2 arrives and it’s a big update, there’s a video of it in action here.
- iMPC (iPad) gets IAA and AudioCopy 2
- Symphonix Evolution 2.1 brings new features
- RODE Rec LE now also has a dedicated iPad interface
- Tabletop 2.2 arrives with new devices, IAA and AudioCopy 2, and here’s the IAA in action.
- SAS-2A update
- Modular Synthesizer 1.03 brings new modules and more
- Music Studio 2.3 brings better MIDI and more
- Auria adds inter app audio
Still on sale:
Things to do:
- The 4Pockets Stompbox Competition is still live
- Decide if you’re going to fund the Mixtape Alpha crowdfunding campaign, it’s only on until the 15th
- Also take a look at the PUC Wireless MIDI for iOS crowdfunding campaign
- If you’re interested in the trusted builders list for Mutable Instruments, take a look here.
- Check out AppSounds 160 new patches for Nave, there’s a video demo here.
- Arduino Yun tutorial video
Things to look out for:
- It seems that there’s another AUFX app coming, but it has been delayed
- More features are promised for the new Polychord mini app
- Nanoloop for Android is going to get a big overhaul, and shortly after that news the developer confirmed that this is coming for iOS too, which is great to hear
- Something new coming from FingerPro (maker of MoDrum and BassLine)
- IAA coming to Arctic ProSynth soon
- Junglator is coming on the 21st
- Caustic 3 getting close
- Music Hack Day Boston announced for November
- London Hack Space Themed open day on the 2nd of November
- AudioTool:Con was this Saturday but I haven’t heard much that’s come out of it as yet
- Music Tech Pitch 4.5 on the 23rd of October
- Music Hack Day London dates announced
- Music 4.5 The Rise of Video on the 26th of November
Interesting things …
- Groovesizer Alpha video
- Miselu give an update on the progress of the C.24 keyboard
- Apple to bring new iPads on the 22nd? What do you think?
- Standuino Trinity modules look pretty amazing (build, Synth/Groovebox, Poly, Drum module)
- A few notes from my upgrade to iOS7 on MIDI, and a few apps.
And finally (one more thing …):
- Wondering where The Strange Agency have got to
So, now we’re all up to date. I’m sure there will be lots more news from tomorrow. For now, enjoy the rest of your weekend.